• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Geforce 4 and high AGP rate...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sloppydirk

Registered
Has anyone experience with AGP rate >89 Mhz with a Geforce 4 card ?

I consider to change to a BX Mainboard (CUBX-E or BX133) and like to reach FSB 140-150 Mhz = AGP max. 100 MHZ.

My video card is a GF4MX440..

I can hit that with my GF3, so I would think that the next gen's architecture would allow you to do it also, but it may be more up to the manufacturer of the card...I have a Gainward. At 150FSB in my old BX board, I had no problems out of it, or my ATI Rage Ultra (which I'm running in there now)...but my GF2 GTS-V wouldn't do it.

Hey there friend,

Yeah your mx440 should not have any problems getting to that agp rate cause if you look at my sig I normally have my fsb @155, on my board which only has 1/4 divider, I am not sure what agp rate that is but it would be pretty high, it is a leadtek as well if it is anyhelp

cya

Benno said:
Hey there friend,

Yeah your mx440 should not have any problems getting to that agp rate cause if you look at my sig I normally have my fsb @155, on my board which only has 1/4 divider, I am not sure what agp rate that is but it would be pretty high, it is a leadtek as well if it is anyhelp

cya

Your rate = 155 / 4 * 2 = 77,5 (= faaaar away from 89!!!)

obviously I stand corrected, but I wonder what setup he is using to run it that high in the first place, cause doesn't the 1/5 divider come in at 166, so how did he get it to run that high in the first place?

one of the limitations of the BX chipset was a fixed 2/3 divider for the AGP...140-150FSB = 93-100AGP. At 133FSB, the bus would be 88...

I had an Abit BX133 running a GeForce4. The highest fsb I could reach stable was 142. With sideband disabled, it could do 152 fsb stable. So you will have to disable sideband for max fsb oc.

Back