• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

geforce 6150le

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

imation

Registered
hello everybody. i have bought a new computer with Geforce 6150LE onboard graphics. is there any tweaks i can do to for better performance?if i go to the advance settings theres some options listed as performance options. i can choose from this list:
Antialiasing
anisotropic filtering
image settings
color profile
verticalsync
force mipmaps
conformant texture clamp
extension limit
hardware acceleration
trilinear optimization
anisotropic mip filter optimization
triple buffering
negatice LOD bias

should i change any of them for better quality for games?
is there any software for on-board video?

thanks in advance

What games do you play?.. if your using the onboard video.. and playing new games I suggest youd ont.. onboard video is horrible for those options in almost any new .. and a lot of the old games too..

yea ive been playing Battlefield 2142 with little to none lag. (due to DSL mostly) i play on all low settings and its not that bad

also could somebody tell me about some of things ive listed? like what do they do? what do they mean? not looking for a huge explanation just so i know what they mean for future reference. thanks again

let me try to say this nicely...

your "video card" sucks. Its the worst possible way to play games, all new games will look like crap on it, and maybe wont even run. Do yourself a favor, and stop wasting your time with onboard, go buy at LEAST a 6600gt. PLEASE!

as for your question, if you tweak everything so that it boosts perfromance, new games will STILL run like crap. anti-aliasing is where jagged edges are smoothed out, aniso filtering makes textures look crisper at extreme angles. In your case, turn off both.

I highly suggest at least a 6600GT(as enz suggested)

Its not an expencive upgrade( go to ebay, the sell for like 40$) and you will get KILLER performance.

i have a pci express upgrade port but the psu that came with it doesnt have the pci express power cord. is there like a standalone power supply for PCIE? my parents hate when i mess with the computers. thanks alot guys

The card will probably let you play any game, what you arent doing is seeing how the game was made to be seen, The newer games are all about eye candy, and your paying for it and seeing none of it.

imation said:
i have a pci express upgrade port but the psu that came with it doesnt have the pci express power cord. is there like a standalone power supply for PCIE? my parents hate when i mess with the computers. thanks alot guys

Almost every retail PCI-E Graphics card will come with a power dongle adapter. You plug 2 4-pin power connectors into the addapter that plugs into a PCI-E card. If the card doesn't come with one, you can buy one at any decent computer supply store for 2-3 USD, or from newegg.com for $2 and like 4 or 5 to ship it. I've never used a 6150 LE and I haven't heard anything all too spectacualr about them, but you may be able to OC it a little bit. Search google for the "coolbits" registry mod. Its one line you add to you windows registry and it "unlocks" the OC option on the settings screen for Nvidia cards and then read the "how-to" in the sticky section of this board and follow the instructions there to find your max OC. If you can OC that "card" you will at least see some improvement, though you will always be better off if you can afford to get a stand alone PCI-E card. I wouldn't recommend anything much higher than a 6600 GT, as it sounds like you may not have a very robust Power Supply. Most of the newer cards are requiring at least 350W, and you may not have that on a smaller PSU.

It should say on the side of the PSU. But, I would venture to say it's at least 250W, as the rest of your system is no slouch, though your RAM calculation seems a bit off... If you have a 512 chip and 2-256 chips(not an ideal setup), it should be 1gb, not 768. Try out the cool bits mod, it's not tough to do and pretty self-explanitory if you find the right site. It only takes about 2 minutes to do. Let us know if you are able to get some better results with the card. You can try running 3dmark05 from www.futuremark.com and do a before and after. I'd be interested to see what the card can do, as I haven't seen anyone on this board do a real benchmark of the card. Though I wouldn't expect the card, even in OC form, to ever break 900 or so in 3dmark05.

ill try coolbits. i didnt think you could oc onboard. yea my ram is pretty odd. some tims it recognizes 1024 some days 960 but most of the times its 768

coolbits worked. it says my core clock is 450 and memory clock is 0. i clicked detect optimal settings and the screen shuts off and comes back on but the settings are still the same.

You can get a PSU for video cards, like 300 watts right? Made for SLI cards, but they're really expensive, some almost as much as a high end 600W+.

Back