• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE GEIL EVO Veloce 2x4GB DDR3-2133 C10 RAM Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

From things to add. My friend bought one of these kits yesterday and his kit has 1.65V on label while my kit has 1.50V. As I mentioned in review my kit needs ~1.52V to run stable so probably GEIL also noticed that and new boxes will have higher voltage in specification. They also changed voltage info on their site to 1.65V while 2-3 weeks ago it was 1.50 or 1.65V.
I'm not sure how is working my friend's kit but will add some info later when he test it.

thanks super :)

If anyone is interested then max cpu-z validation with memory on air is 1532MHz/DDR3-3064 what is limited because of my CPU's memory controller on single stage cooling.

wow, this is one solid set of RAM, especially for the price.

Excellent review, Bart!

I'm looking into a 32GB Kit.

How would you compare these to say the more expensive Corsair Dominator GT 1866 DDR3 Quad Channel?

I was originally looking at purchasing the Corsair 32GB kit but after seeing these Geils and the price of their 32GB kit, they may tempt me away if they match up to the Corsair.

Depends which Dominators GT. If you think about Platinum series then they are way too overpriced and older 1866 series had worse IC than these GEILs.
New Dominators are mainly on Samsung IC what means that you can expect about the same from 1866/2133 kits as from G.Skill TridentX 2400 ... but G.Skills are cheaper and guarantee 2400 clock ...

I have no idea what IC is in GEIL Veloce 32GB kits so I don't know if they will be also overclocking so good.

These GeILs will be better no matter if it's Hynix or Samsung, both IC will make ~2600 and are cheaper than Dominators.
... and they're white !!! ... can't find them anywhere here ... and I'm buying too much lately anyway :(

wow, this is one solid set of RAM, especially for the price.wow, this is one solid set of RAM, especially for the price.

Back