• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Getting 2 routers 'talking' wirelessly

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R6ual

OK, I just bought (hopefully not foolishly) a Netgear WGR614v4 router (www.netgear.com.au/produ...prodID=174&view=). I already own a DG834G wireless adsl modem/router (www.netgear.com.au/produ...prodID=223&view=). My idea was to have the modem/router (DG834G) in one room, connected to the phone line for the ADSL, with the pc's in the other room, connected to the other router using LAN cables (WGR614). I wanted the 2 routers to 'talk' wirelessly so as all 3 pcs could access the net without running cables all around the house. Can someone tell me that I havent made a big boo-boo by buying this thing.. My reason for buying the router (after PC store advice) was because I figured one wireless router was going to be a lot cheaper than THREE wireless network cards for the pcs.

Am hoping somone can shed some light on how to get the 2 routers to talk... Thanks.

Back