• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Security system networking HELP NEEDED

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Time-Bandit

Hi guys,

Looking at getting myself this system for my home https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ZOS...783498241.html?spm=2114.search0104.0.0.PGMj3g

I have my 1x ADSL modem/router in main room and I would like to know how I would go about setting this up (I think I know but I want to check)

I have another spare wireless modem which I plan to hopefully make this system wireless from the roof.

I will have the 4 cameras which will be directly hooked into the DVR via lan/ethernet/cat5 then one lan/ethernet/cat5 directly into my extra modem/router witch as mentioned should hopefully be able to connect on my network wirelessly should I need to gain access to the data stored on the HDD in the NVR

I will then put the extra modem/router thats in me roof into a mode to wirelessly transmit on my network (for the purpose of accessing the cameras via internet should I need to (otherwise everything recorded to DVR) is this putting it into ap mode or a bridge? just not sure on the specifics name wise

I want to know;

1) Will this setup work? (as I am pretty sure there is a power point in the roof)
2) Will any 1tb hdd work in this system or do I need a certain make/model?
3) Does anyone know know of a good free CCTV software I could use in conjunction with this NVR/system so I can access my cameras on iphone/android or via webbrowser?

Cheers,

Bandit

1. Depends on the system.. check the manual.
2. Any hdd should work... confirm in the systems manual.
3. It doesnt have an app? Buy a system with an app/software included. :)

Back