• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Getting an OEM Opteron 165. Need HS & Fan!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nikolasmor

The rig I'm building isi n my sig, also getting a 2005FPW from dell. Since the Opty will probably be an OEM I will need a good Heat Sink and fan combo. The key to my system is quiet, cool and efficient. I don't mind spending a few dollars more to keep this bad boy as cool and quiet as possible. What's your thoughts?

Man that thing looks top heavy. No big warping problems that I should be aware of? It has great reviews. What about a nice 120mm low Dba hi air movement fan to throw thisa bad boy in my P180. Also any other suggestions?

It weighs about 150 grams less than the typhoon and its weight is more in the base, unlike trhe typhoon. You guys and gals have the real world experience with these I am just stating what I observe.

As in my sig....Scythe Ninja all the way. BT is also a good one but the flexibility and peformance of the Ninja has no match. Since you can place the fan at any side, you have a greater chance of maximizing you air flow.

Id like a all copper big typhoon, i wonder hwo that mini typhoon will compare to the big typhoon. I like my big typhoon and am pleased with its performance..

My decision was to go with the XP90C. It cools right up there with the best and it's fan blows down on the board keeping it cool. The installation is also quite simple, I don't know how it is on the Ninja.

Back