• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Getting back into watercooling. Input appreciated.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well I got impatient and ordered my stuff last night. I was going to wait, but I couldn't. I ended up going with a dual 120mm rad for now though, just to see how space is going to be. I should have enough room in the Armor for a triple, but I want to be safe and keep things as simple as possible this time. Will probably upgrade to a triple later on when I put the GPU in the loop.

Thanks again for all your help folks! I'll let you know how the build goes!

I should have enough room in the Armor for a triple, but I want to be safe and keep things as simple as possible this time. Will probably upgrade to a triple later on when I put the GPU in the loop.
Classic.
This is why everyone on this (and most other) forums has a pile of unused WC parts stashed under the bed or in the closet.

Delete "probably" from your last sentence to truly reflect reality.

Classic.
This is why everyone on this (and most other) forums has a pile of unused WC parts stashed under the bed or in the closet.

Man O man is this the truth. I've got an extra DDC-2 pump, and single 120 BIpro, tons of cables, and I don't even know what else. Tinkering is addictive...

Classic.

Nothing wrong with extra parts if something breaks somewhere down the road. :p

I have a couple rubbermaid tubs of spare cables and parts laying around too. I see it as "insurance". hehe

Hmm... It looks like I accidentally ordered the MCP220 QP-Res model with the built in reservoir. Is this any worse than the regular MCP220 QP? Or exactly the same performance? I would think there's probably not much of a performance difference.

If it is worse though, I can still send it back to jab-tech I think as long as I don't open it.

Don't see any reason why it would be worse. I think all they do is add an over-sized tank and thread a hole for the plug. But I've never seen one up close ...

Well that's what it looks like on Swiftech's site too. Just wanted to make sure before I opened things up and started installing them.

Well after I hit 4 GHz on my E8400 w/ my Ninja RevB I'm gonna start working on putting the water in. I'm running Orthos at 3915 right now. Temps are gettin up around 64C though with 1.325vCore set in BIOS. Hopefully the water can bring it down some.

I just realized earlier tonight that I basically bought the Swiftech H20-220 Compact kit, but with different tubing and fans. :p

Got my Apogee Drive and MCR-220 installed, bled, and running fine. at 445x9 w/ 1.3875 vCore my load temps running Orthos are now 55/53C compared to 75/74C with my Scythe Ninja w/ the stock fan.

Right now I've got the radiator in the front of the case, but it's just kind of wedged in there with some old noise absorbing foam I had laying around. Trying to find a better way to mount it.

Overall, quite happy with this for a first simple build. I know it's not extreme performance, but it'll do for now :)

Back