• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

getting into raid bios (soyo kt400 mobo)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AirLiquid

hello all,
this is my first post and without a doubt not my last...:D

i have never played around with raid, and am having a hard time with the bios. actually, i'm at a dead end at this point.

i have the soyo kt400 dragon ultra platinum mobo with an athlon XP 2500. i am trying to set up my (2) 80 gig western digital hardrives using the ide 3 & 4 slots to set them of for raid 0. i have no operating system as of yet but will be running win xp pro (if i ever get this resolved).

the problem i am having is just getting into the damn raid highpoint bios!!!! lol. when i have no drives connected to the ide 3 & 4 slot, i can get in it just fine using <ctrl><h>. but when i have both drives in with cable select set up, one on the ide 3 the other on the ide 4, i cannot seem to get into the damn bios to start the array. very frustrating. the system finishes scanning the slots and tells me that primary master and secondary master are there.

i friend told me that the mobo is scanning the 2 slots so fast that i am not hitting the <ctrl><h> fast enough. but i have rebooted at least 15-20 times hitting those damn buttons as fast as i can.

any suggestions?

Last edited:
i have tried everything i can think of...

i tried each drive separately on each ide.... no go
thing is when i have no drive in either slot, i can get in.
when 1 or both drives are in, the scan completes and gives me a summary showing both drives.... seems to be happy, but will not let me in the bios.

could it be the cables? i got some really nice rounded silver ide cables. but they seem to be working because the drives show up after the scan is complete.

could it be the hardrives? the are 80 gig western digital WD800JBRTL drives

Back