• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Getting the IGP to work with GPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TeknoBug

I can't seem to figure out how to get the integrated HD3000 to work as an extended desktop with a PCI-E GPU installed? At the moment I have a 9800GT in the second PCI-E slot atm because I'm using an older HD5770 in place of my 7850 that's been sent for RMA but it won't work with a TV so I plugged the 9800 to the TV. Problem is the 9800 is generating a lot of unneeded heat in the case (9800GT @ 60C idle) and the IGP should be plenty good for my TV to watch Netflix and Google movies.

I found one way is to make the IGP primary display which means I have to have the TV on when booting on the PC until I log in then my monitor becomes the primary display.

If you're talking about the CPU in your sig, its the Intel HD Graphics 2500.. ;) Make sure its enabled in your BIOS and not turned off. Then istall the driver, and your good to go.

Goto Display > screen resolution and set them up there...

Attachments

• monitors.jpg
    monitors.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 38
Back