• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GFFX 5200 vmod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Del_Gro_Badeu

if you are interested, you can found my guide here ... in french, but if you want some help, you can ask me

note : this guide was wrote nearly 4/5 months ago, so O/c inside aren't really impressive ... currently I run my GF FX 5200 @ 350/620 ( default : 270/500 ) without any problems

*sorry for my poor english, i do my best :D *

Very nice mod. I enjoy it. FX5200 @ 350/620 is impressive you know!!!

I have question: when FX5200 @ 350/620 is this faster than GF4 Ti4200 @ 305/600??

I'm thinking to buy FX5200 for fun and overclock it like crazy to beat GF4 Ti4200.

i've bought my GF FX 5200 for fun too, but my old GF 4 Ti 4200 doesn't work anymore, so my GF FX 5200 is currently my last video card ( i think i will buy a FX 5900 XT soon :D )

concerning the difference between a GF 4 Ti and a FX 5200 overclocked, i can't tell you wich one is better than the other, cause i haven't runnning any well-known benchmark ( i use linux ) but i'm really curious now, so i think i will bench it on a friend's computer wich is runnning windows tomorrow evening.

And about the score, the only problem is the memory ... mine is 4ns samsung and it is running @ 500 mhz stock , i've read all the datasheet of this chip and, running it @ 620 Mhz is really impressive ... I was thinking about a solution to go further, but the only one seems to replace memory chips :rolleyes: it isn't really difficult to do this, but find them :( it's another problem ...

Back