• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ghost from Raid0 to Single Drive not working?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i can no longer attempt the image... i sold one of the 80gb maxtors... thats the whole reason i got the hitachi cuz i wanted to get rid of the 80gb drives. :(

thx tho... i still have 74gb raptor raid0, so i may attempt something similar in the future.

you guys rock... at least i know my options now.

Yah I have used true image for the opposite of what you are doing.

I install OS to a single drive. Load Raid Drivers.

Boot true image rescue disk, copy drive 1 to raid, and walla instant no floppy raid install :)

To be honest I have never done a Raid 0 to single drive.. However the concept to me just seems weird. Logically it doesnt make any sense. However, I do Raid 1 to single all the time and those have worked flawlessly.

I guess if your imaging software that you use to ghost the 2 drives shows them as a single drive it makes since.

Sounds like you use the same process I use here for Raid1 to single drive for your Raid0. If I ever have the need for a Raid 0 for a customer I will give it a shot.

TechJunky said:
To be honest I have never done a Raid 0 to single drive.. However the concept to me just seems weird. Logically it doesnt make any sense. However, I do Raid 1 to single all the time and those have worked flawlessly.

I guess if your imaging software that you use to ghost the 2 drives shows them as a single drive it makes since.

Sounds like you use the same process I use here for Raid1 to single drive for your Raid0. If I ever have the need for a Raid 0 for a customer I will give it a shot.
Going from RAID to single or vice versa is simple, but of course when going to a single to RAID, you would want to activate the controller in the BIOS, let Windows on the current single recognize it, install the drivers for it, and reboot. Then, you could image it to the RAID and boot up without a BSOD. :) Going from RAID to a single is usually problem free with onboard RAID controllers, but some actually use different drivers for IDE mode on these controllers and would require the installation of those before switching to IDE mode. My old motherboard with an add-on Promise controller in addition to the buit-in VIA cotroller was one such controller that needed separate drivers for each mode. With the VIA, only drivers for RAID mode were needed. I'm sure you're aware of this, but thought I'd mention it anyway.

Yah, when we go from a single to raid we always install the controller first, let windows detect the controller and then we activate the controller and build the raid array and then fdisk /mbr and all works great.

g0dM@n said:
which version do you use? what about this one:
Acronis True Image 9.0
http://www.shareup.com/Acronis_True_Image-download-174.html

Yah I think I have 9.

10 is newer so theoretically better (although they broke Ghost moving to version 8 so can't always say that). Yah when I got True Image 9 Disk Director 10 was just released. So its been a while and I have seen no reason to upgrade :)

I had the Installer on my HDD for a long time but on last format decided to let it go. I just use the rescue disk, for imaging/copying.

Back