• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte 7850 scaling problem. Please Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SamuelKeeley

Thanks for reading. So, these facts are: I got a new Gigabyte 7850 card for my PC. installed it fine, but there is some clear resolution/scaling problems with the output of the card. The picture is poor quality with a couple of centimeter of the edge of the screen cut off all around the edge. The drivers are up to date and I'm heavily confused on the problem and it's solution. All it's to be mentioned that before the GPU I was using the i5-2500k's IGPU to support my display (a 1920x1080p TV) and it was working absolutely fine with good quality picture.

*Any suggestions/Idea would be greatly appreciated, Many thanks.

Samuel.

Thanks for the help, scaling is pretty much fixed despite a few mm cut off at the top but the quality is definitely not where it should be, also in CPU-Z the 7850 is being detected but not showing that it has 0 bytes of memory? Possibly a driver issue? Thanks again.

Sam

Make sure your TV is set on 1080p. If you have to, wipe the drivers out and try reinstalling with 12.10 or 12.11

I've narrowed the problem down to some sort HDTV issue because I used the HDMI cable through the mother board output to see the problem still exists. It's not the cable, checked that. So it's either the a PC or HDTV Issue, any ideas? thanks for the help.

If you previously had a Nvidia card installed its most likely a driver conflict. I would either completly wipe that PC clean of leftovers using some driver cleaner, or simply reinstall OS including all the new drivers. Setting a TV to certain settings usualy helps nothing because a HDTV is usualy at native 1080P mode and it will either support native 1080P or simply scale up a lower resolution, but 1080P is always enabled. The driver simply need to properly detect the TV or the AV receiver (in that term nothing to worry, the receiver will handle the last stage).

Many years ago HDTV support surely was worse but nowadays a increasing amount of gamers are using TV screens together with theyr PC (especially HTPC) and the support is critical.

Last edited:
The problem is completely fixed now, I had to rename the HDMI source on my TV to 'PC' and for for reasons I don't quite understand it's quality became what it should be. Thanks for all the help and advise. Really like this forum:') <3

Back