• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte 7900GS underclock ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

winnetou222

Hi! I got a Gigabyte 7900GS (525/720), and a hang up problem with it. When I start some high-end game like F.E.A.R. after a few minutes of play my screen freeze, many little colorful squares or lines appear and my system hangs! If I start 3DMark2006, even with overclocked card (610/720) it runs without problem, and I got a score at the end of it. I tried Oblivion too, it can run for hours if I don't play it, just let the camera circle around my character. If I start playing, the error sometimes occur, sometimes don't. When I underclock the card to 500/700 it looks stabil with every game I mentioned. I got a Chieftec 400W PSU, and when I measure the 12V rail with multimeter, it gives only 11.94V and drops to 1.86 when the nVidia performance (3D) mode starts (when a game enters in a 3D mode). Could that be the problem??

Back