• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fureh

Registered
I just purchased this board two weeks ago. I currently am running it in ACHI mode with a WD Blue 500Gig boot drive and a 2Tb Hitachi drive for storage. I just stumbled over the fact the board does simply not like to Hibernate. Has anyone else had this problem with this board or another type of board similar? Other tidbits are its running a Phenom II 955 C3 stepping, 4G x2 of Crucial DDR3 1333 at standard timings, and a ASUS DirectCU GTX460 all powered by a Corsair TX750.

*nods* I have turned off hibernate, sleep functions, just bothered by the fact it reacts so violently to it.

I'm far, far from being an expert with storage devices but didn't I read that AHCI should only be used with SSD's?
Something you might try out if you haven't got too much installed yet.

basically its just turning on the controller on the motherboard, and not running in a legacy mode, afaik... it is not hampering performance, but probably isnt helping it much either. just means if i want to install a ssd, i can simply clone my drive now.

Back