• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte AX370M with Zen+ voltage problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SasukeJ

Hi guys, I upgraded my Ryzen 1600 which was working flawless at 4Ghz around 1.39v to a new brand 2700 (was a good deal). My mobo is a gigabyte GA-AX370M-Gaming 3 and well since I installed the Ryzen 7 2700 I'm having problems with the CPU voltage.

By default the auto voltage of the CPU displays values from 1.35-1.4v. However, when I start to overclock the maximum voltage I can reach is about 1.212v, producing low overclock (3.8 Ghz at max). This is due that the voltage is set with an offset in the bios, and setting an offset of +0, produces a voltage of 1.0v, and the range available is [-0.2, +0.2] so I can't go higher. With the Ryzen 5 1600, this did not happen as an offset of +0 produces around 1.3v.

So, I suppose this is a problem of the bios, regarding the "oc mode" of zen+ not working well with this mainboard. I contacted the gigabyte support and their response was that "This is due to the avoid the overheating by the system". I'm still laugthing. However, without solution.

I just want to spread this problem and look for more people having it, so gigabyte has to solve this.

Also if someone has any posible solution in mind, I will be pleased to listen it.

Last edited:
Gigabyte's right that board really isn't built for an 8 core CPU. Things you can try
leave the voltage on auto? Do you still get the 1.3-1.4V?
Check for LLC settings and max them out.
You can also check for the section that allows you to set the max "boost" and VID in AMD CBS

Gigabyte's right that board really isn't built for an 8 core CPU. Things you can try
leave the voltage on auto? Do you still get the 1.3-1.4V?
Check for LLC settings and max them out.
You can also check for the section that allows you to set the max "boost" and VID in AMD CBS

The voltage on auto only reaches that values without increasing the frequency over 3.2Ghz. When I increase it per se 3.3Ghz the auto also decreases to around 1.0v (seems thats the P0 state of ryzen oc mode).

I checked for more options in the bios, but there is nothing regarding the LLC. The voltage settings in this mobo seems quite simple.

I also check the AMD CBS option and well I found something that may be useful, under the zen common options there is the option of modifing the Pstates. There are three different values for the P0 state, which from my acknowledge are the ones used when the frequency is over 3.2ghz, FID (9a), DID (8) and VID (58), dunno if I should modify the VID here.

By the way why you said that isn't build for an 8 core CPU? This mainboard supports a TDP: 35 - 105 Watt having full support on R7, maybe the VRM is not the best but this has nothing to do with cutting of the maximum voltage on R7 :(. Should I return this mobo and go for another? any recommendation of a good MATX one?

Thansk for answering Johan

Should I return this mobo and go for another?
An $85 mATX board doesn't exactly scream PUSH ME with an 8 core CPU. ;)

maybe the VRM is not the best but this has nothing to do with cutting of the maximum voltage on R7 .
I find a correlation between those... :)

Are you on the latest BIOS?

An $85 mATX board doesn't exactly scream PUSH ME with an 8 core CPU. ;)

I find a correlation between those... :)

Are you on the latest BIOS?

I know its not a high-end board, but for me is nonsense than the voltage on auto is able to reach 1.35-1.45v, which means it can perfectly support it, and the user manually cannot reach it. So, the fact is that is being more pushed by default, than actually by my overclock.

Yes, I'm using the latest one F23.

I know its not a high-end board, but for me is nonsense than the voltage on auto is able to reach 1.35-1.45v, which means it can perfectly support it, and the user manually cannot reach it. So, the fact is that is being more pushed by default, than actually by my overclock.

Yes, I'm using the latest one F23.

I bet if you put an "X" version in that board it would run as well and probably higher speed. Gigabyte has crippled the OC in that board to save on RMAs. I may be way off on that but I really don't thinks so

Back