• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte EP45-UD3P

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Probably no, but those are spec values and it helps to keep my PC stable longer. Now I just can't figure out what's wrong..

Do you get errors in Memtest? And you're saying more voltage makes them stable longer? I'm thinking memory might be an issue. Overclocking your graphics card might be another.

Ought to be solid and enough wattage. What's the particular model? And is your GPU overclocked?

Sry can't tell you the exact model of power supply atm. GPU is MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II, which is overclocked model, but I haven't overclocked it personally.

I tried dropping memory multiplier so i had 800MHz with 5-5-5-15 timings. Same :censored::censored::censored::censored: as with 1066Mhz.

Are you able to run Linx? I've been using that for stability lately instead of Prime95. I've had some weird inconsistencies with Prime on occasion.

See if Linx is stable, and if it is, start lowering voltages while maintaining stability. Also try to find out what model of PSU you have, just for completeness.

How can I maintain stability if my PC is not stable ;D
My prime doesn't crash but games do crash. I just don't know what should I do to make it stable. Some guys in the great internet have had better OC's with much lower vcore values, so I'm completely lost atm.

Need a little advice. I'm running a Q9550 with 2x2Gb of Mushkin 1066. Due to temps I'm running 3.4Ghz slightly undervolted at 1.2v to stay under 65C. Overnight is stable on Pi95 small FFT. I'm not trying to break any records and want stability more than anything so I'm satisfied with 3.4Ghz. So now I'm trying to max out the ram speed. I want to run 1:1, and I understand I probably won't get 533hz the ram should be able to do,easily, so I'm just juggling cpu multi to get something better than 400hz. Timings and volts are all on Auto or Normal except the Vcore mentioned above. Thing is at 453hz FSB the PC locks up during pi95 in the same place. Lowering FSB to 425hz and it currently is ok. Obviously the ram shouldn't have an issue, it is 5-5-5-15 @ 533hz FSB, although on Auto it is doing 5-6-6-23 @ 425hz for some reason. Anyway, should I try more CPU Term or MCH Core? If CPU Term what would be a good first step?

Thanks. Been out of the loop OC'ing since AMD64, so forgive me if I can't find what CPU Termination is supposed to do?

Thanks. Been out of the loop OC'ing since AMD64, so forgive me if I can't find what CPU Termination is supposed to do?

read around in the last few pages in this thread. i posted what they all mean. but in a nut shell, it is basically the voltage supplied for the FSB. and it helps stabilize high vCore

Bumped up CPU Term two notches (1.22v?) and MCH Core to 1.2v at 453hz FSB and it did not freeze on Test 2 of Prime95 like it did every time before! Thanks cold.nut! Now I can keep moving to find a stable and fast setup. I won't make it to 533hz FSB but it's better than 400hz, and still 1:1.

Bumped up CPU Term two notches (1.22v?) and MCH Core to 1.2v at 453hz FSB and it did not freeze on Test 2 of Prime95 like it did every time before! Thanks cold.nut! Now I can keep moving to find a stable and fast setup. I won't make it to 533hz FSB but it's better than 400hz, and still 1:1.

no problem :thup: feel free to 'Thanks' me on the post above ;)! if you want more dude, just keep raising the FSB and up those voltages a bit more if needed. you should be able to do 470MHz easy dude!

Another question for you guys: how good is the Gigabyte (JMicron) SATA controller? I'm not using RAID. Are there any benefits to running say the optical drives on the JMicorn SATA and the hard drives on the Intel SATA? Or some other optimal way? Maybe system SSD on standard SATA and storage HDDs on GSATA?

Last edited:
Another question for you guys: how good is the Gigabyte (JMicron) SATA controller? I'm not using RAID. Are there any benefits to running say the optical drives on the JMicorn SATA and the hard drives on the Intel SATA? Or some other optimal way? Maybe system SSD on standard SATA and storage HDDs on GSATA?

Makes no difference put them on any controller that works with any drives.

I am having one hell of a time trying to push past 400 on the fsb. I'm upping volts playing with timings and everything else but I just can not get it to post into windows at 400 or over. I've tried bumping down my multi and upping my fsb all to no avail. So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Edit: I am running a Q6600. right now I have it at 385 with a 9 multi and I am running 3d benches without a problem.....

Back