• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte EP45-UD3P

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
In order to hit 4.0GHz w/ a Q6600, and depending on the stepping and VID of the chip, you'll need to supply upwards of 1.55-1.60V or higher Vcore. Also bumping VTT to ~1.5V, vNB (vMCH) to ~1.65-1.7V (possibly less w/ only 1 DIMM slot populated), PLL to ~1.8V, and extremely good cooling w/ at least H20 would be required. On air, you should probably be looking at a more realistic goal of 3.4-3.6GHz w/ more conservative voltages.

I'm unable to POST on my EP45 UD3P, i'm suspecting it could be because of the residue from the thermal paste that got stuck on the Pins for the CPU. any ideas how i could get it removed?

I still can't get beyond 3.75Ghz on my E8400 with this board regardless of how I tweak the voltage, timings, FSB, or otherwise *sigh*

I still can't get beyond 3.75Ghz on my E8400 with this board regardless of how I tweak the voltage, timings, FSB, or otherwise *sigh*

That's odd, since I was able to get to ~4.5GHz 24/7, 5GHz CPU-Z, and 4.8GHz WP + SPi with an E8400 and this beast of a board.

has anyone else had problems, where you change a bios setting and when you restart the computer shuts off and then comes back on and then goes back off and does this til you turn off the psu or pull the power plug?

cause thats what mine does, I have been wanting to try and overclock but if I change just 1 setting it does this, I have the latest drivers and/or bios, if anyone can give me some advice that would be great. currently everything is at stock

has anyone else had problems, where you change a bios setting and when you restart the computer shuts off and then comes back on and then goes back off and does this til you turn off the psu or pull the power plug?

cause thats what mine does, I have been wanting to try and overclock but if I change just 1 setting it does this, I have the latest drivers and/or bios, if anyone can give me some advice that would be great. currently everything is at stock

When you say any 1 setting, is that literally any setting in the bios or strictly settings as they relate to overclocking?

This sounds like it might also be a memory issue. When you change any 1 setting, the machine will try to apply any and all settings in the bios to the computer. If the machine was running in safe mode (optimized defaults) and it tried to do this with certain options selected already in the bios that aren't appropriate it would behave like this. A good way to test this very thought is to try making the same change after clearing the bios.

That's odd, since I was able to get to ~4.5GHz 24/7, 5GHz CPU-Z, and 4.8GHz WP + SPi with an E8400 and this beast of a board.

Would you mind PMing me the settings you used? lol

I've tried Kingston HyperX RAM and OCZ RAM and a few other things so I dunno if its a RAM problem or what.

I seriously doubt it is simply because this CPU is just acting flakey. I recently overclocked another E8400 last week and managed to get 3.6Ghz with the Stock Intel HSF at 1.18v

MY E8400 however doesn't want to do ANY kind of overclock unless its at least at 1.4v (But the temps seem fine, I'm so confused)

When you say any 1 setting, is that literally any setting in the bios or strictly settings as they relate to overclocking?

This sounds like it might also be a memory issue. When you change any 1 setting, the machine will try to apply any and all settings in the bios to the computer. If the machine was running in safe mode (optimized defaults) and it tried to do this with certain options selected already in the bios that aren't appropriate it would behave like this. A good way to test this very thought is to try making the same change after clearing the bios.

yes I do mean ANY setting, heres the ram I have http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231166

I'm finally looking at getting new graphics cards in my system and I have this board. I want to go Crossfire but I'm wondering if I will still have room for my PCI sound card (Auzentech X-raider 7.1). Has anyone with this Mobo found there is not enough room?

As long as the cooler of the top GPU is no bigger than 2-slot, then the sound card should fit.

Awesome. ty.
One more thing.
I know my 8800 ran hot enough that I needed to get a Zalman VF1000 on it. Right now I cannot put the sound card in the PCI slot directly below my 8800 because the top of the card touched the bottom of the VF1000. Cooler fins against solder seemed like a bad idea :O
I am planning to have two ATI 5750's and stick with the stock coolers.
Am I likely to have any heat issues with the cards packed in this tight?

The top GPU is usually hotter in Xfire/SLI setups b/c the fan of the top GPU pulls in hot air off of the bottom GPU. I don't think the sound card will cause any additional heat problems though.

Oh and :welcome: to OCForums!

I've noticed a recent problem with my Gigabyte EP45-UD3P motherboard network ports would fail to work if I turn on the quick-boot option in the BIOS. I was wondering if anyone else ran into this problem. I'm not quite sure why the network ports failed to load recently, but the issue is repeatable. I tried updating the drivers and bios but that did not resolve the problem. I just leave quick-boot disabled for now to fix the network port problem.

I don't have quick boot enabled but I do run into network connection problems when I restart my computer. I don't know why it does that either. I'm using the FD bios. Other than that issue I really like the board. I'm running my Q9550 @ 3.4ghz.

got myself this board yesterday! had an issue with a bad stick of memory, but it is up and going now! i love it so far :)! did some pre-testing on some D9 Ballistix yesterday, they screamed with just a little tweaking! very excited to test this board more and put it under some LN2 eventually.

hey I want to get the communities opinion on the most stable BIOS. it came flashed to F5, but what have others experience with older or newer BIOS?

Back