• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte EP45-UD3P

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
1.1v? If it's stable at that then try the stock volts and see how far it will go. You should be able to get 4.2 ish out of it at that rate, if not more.

@ Dito... Since you're using DDR2-1066MHz RAM, instead of running a 2.00D multiplier on a 400 NB/MCH strap (MCH Frequency Latch) = 896MHz DRAM frequency, change to a 333 MCH strap and a 2.40B multiplier. This will give an effective 1075MHz DRAM frequency at a FSB of 448MHz. You may need to increase either the DRAM voltage from 1.8 to around 1.85 - 1.9V, and / or the MCH Core voltage from the default of 1.1 to about 1.2V to compensate for the higher than default DRAM frequency. More than likely not though, since that's only a 9MHz increase in DRAM frequency over spec.

KonaKona , you are talking about mch @ 1.1v, right? and redduc900, THANKS to both of you! I will try these out. really quick here's a look at my ET6 voltages. It looks as if mch is already at 1.2, but I know ET6 reads a little higher than normal. so...maybe it is a 1.1 only? any opinions on which i should test first, the RAM or the FSB?
Capture14.JPG

i once had it @ 4.0ghz, but it wasn't stable... so I lowered and got it stable at 3.8

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to share what i did with my gigabyte board...

i don't have pic but use your imagination ..

i've remove the chipset/mosfet cooler & removed the gigabye blue coverings on the cooler & placed a hudge 120mm fan over the cooler & ram ..

Wow what a difference ... I'm running at 1.29v @ 3ghz ... & gonna try to go lower on the vcore .. and see if it says stable... before i needed like 1.35 .. and it ran hot as hell...

great little mod

-steve

Why is the Multi set to x6.0 on an E8600 for these OC's? Is it so the RAM can clock much higher than standard? (1200Mhz-1400Mhz?)

Hi I'm new to this , so i decided to start learning, and what other way but by getting to know people whit knowledge in over clocking and such, any who.. i built a system and ever since i built it never ran right allays unstable and rebooting countless times , reformatting re installing OS.. took it to pc tech shops ,no luck! so now i'm taking matter into my own hands. recently i came across a thread where they mentioned that GA boards have issues with ballistics memory is this true? than i came across you guys , kinda felt like a relief .. well hope any one can help thanks. i have :

windows 7 ultimate
GA-EP45-UD3P
true power Trio power supply by ANTEC
big copper heat sink on processor
ANTEC Nine Hundred hardcore gaming case
(4) 1 gig Ballistic tracers (black ones with leds) i believe these are the 2.2v
(1) Nvidia PCI-E 2.0 896MB DDR3 Super-clocked edition core 216 GTX 260
running currently in auto settings in bios version (F9)
here is also a pic of some more information.. any help will be greatly appreciated!!
ep45ud3p.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Have you run any stability tools, like Memtest or Prime95? That's where I would start. It's also tough to see what your settings actually are. Can you post some screenshots of CPU-Z and RealTemp so we know what your voltages, overclock, and temperatures are?

Try this... Make sure that the serial numbers on the RAM sticks match that are in the yellow slots as well as the red slots. I had 2 different sets of the same type of RAM (same model, size, everything), and each pair had a different serial number. When I matched them up, it solved my issues.

I started overclocking my 1 year old system, e8500 ep45-ud3r and have ran into some problems. I can get Prime 95 for 6 hours with an FSB of 445 (if 9.5x its 4.22), but if I raise the FSB higher I cannot POST. I've lowered multi to 6x to remove cpu and still no luck. Ram is 1066 running at ~880 to remove from equation. At 4.22 (FSB=445) it passes memtest but any more and I cannot POST so no memtest. It's 2x2GB running at spec 2.1v. I can get 4.22 with all voltage settings (except vcore) at stock.

I've tried raising MCH to 1.3, playing with ICH/CPU vtt/pll values and nothing has allowed me to POST. I feel as if it is one setting I am missing. Any ideas? I've updated to F12 bios.

Thanks in advance.

What timings on the ram? Make sure they're the timings for 1066 and not the timings for 800, some bios' are smarter then others about that.
What's your vcore set at?
What about ram Performance Level?

The ram is at 6-6-6-18, 2T. Stock are 5-6-6-18. I've returned my vcore to stock (1.25v) while messing with the FSB (Running a 6x multi. If I am messing with FSB with this multi, so avg speed is ~2.5ghz, do I need to raise cpu vcore?)

Ram performance level, not sure of that one.

Also, I raised MCH to 1.32 (from 1.3), MCH Ref to .785, DRAM Ref to 1.0, ICH I/O to 1.57 and ICH Core to 1.2 and was able to boot into windows with an FSB of 475 now (P95 fails before 1 min). Before raising those, I couldn't get past 445 FSB.

I went back and raised multi to 9.5, upped vcore to 1.3625 (1.328 in cpuz) and at 450FSB it crashed computer during P95. lowered FSB from 450 to 445 and am 10 minutes into P95 now, no error/crash yet.

Last edited:
Sometimes CPUs need more volts for more FSB, even if core speed is below normal. Mine certainly does!

Try 1.3vcore and see if the fsb goes higher.

Ok -- First, thanks for the help.

I got in and passed 5 minutes of P95 Large FFTs @ 450FSB, 1.3625 vcore (~2.6ghz).
I tried 475 FSB, same vcore, failed after 10 seconds.

It looks like it did need some juice to get up, even though multi was low. Lesson learned. Question now is, what to do?

Also, BC2 crashes after 5 minutes of 450 FSB and 9.5x (4.275 ghz), 1.3625vcore. Temps are not a problem, low 50s.

It really ought to do more then that at that vcore. I'm not familiar with that board (i have a ud3p in the mail, not here yet though), so i don't erally know what is next.

I lowered MCH Reference voltage to stock and it allowed me to boot into windows and right now I'm priming Large FFTs in windows at 485. Is this the correct test to do at this stage (testing fsb)?

Update: Right now I'm P95'ing at 515 FSB. This is my first week of OC'ing; there are so many doors, it just is a matter of looking in each one! I think I've got to get a fan on the NB.

Last edited:
well ive been reading this post for a while now and i finally decided to join the forum :D. well here is my first post :p hopefully you guys can give me a bit of insight that i currently lack.

im trying to get my ep45-ud3p to post at 533 fsb

my specs are as follows:
mobo: ga-ep45-ud3p
cpu: e7500 (been stable at 400fsb*10.5)
gpu is: 2x XFX 5770 XXX edition

ive been stable at 4200mhz for aover a month know with 1.425vcore but the other day i wanted to raise the fsb to 1:1 so i raised it to 533. it will post but as soon as win7 begins to load it will hang. here are a few screens of my bios settings :D let me know what you guys think.

p5240007x.jpg

p5240010v.jpg

p5240011b.jpg

p5240012q.jpg

p5240013.jpg

p5240014.jpg

thanks for your help guys :D

I know that this is already an old post, but I noticed that redrumy's still using a C2Q 6600 with his EP45 UD3P mobo. I wonder if i could trouble you guys to share your BIOS settings on how to get 4ghz with this processor?

I've only got 1memory module Crucial Ballistix DDR2 2gb on hand as well. I hope i can still get a good OC from this processor.

My setup
C2Q 6600
Gigabyte EP45 UD3P
Crucial Ballistix 2GB DDR2 800mhz
Corsair VX 550
Xigmatek Dark Knight CPU Cooler
HIS Radeon 4870 1GB

Last edited:
Back