• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Gigabyte G1 Sniper M3 bios issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nebulous

Dreadnought Class Senior
Not sure how many ppl here have the M3, but I've been having the strangest issue ever.

When I select DEL to get into the bios, I can navigate through the Basic mode (3D) of the UEFI, but once I select Advanced Mode it locks up. To get out of the lock I have to do a hard reset or unplug power from psu, wait a few minutes, reboot and select defaults. From there I'm able to regain access to the Basic mode (3D) of the bios, but not Advanced Mode.

Tried:

Clearing cmos (remove battery & CLR jumper) on the board
Flashing different bios files
Checked CPU socket pins (all fine)
Tried using just 1 stick of ram
Swapped out Power supplies

Nothing seems to clear the issue. Anybody with a Giga board or other board experienced this? Anyway to fix it/clear it?

As long as I don't go into the bios to tweak anything the board runs flawlessly otherwise.

I'm stumped :shrug:

Not sure how many ppl here have the M3, but I've been having the strangest issue ever.

When I select DEL to get into the bios, I can navigate through the Basic mode (3D) of the UEFI, but once I select Advanced Mode it locks up. To get out of the lock I have to do a hard reset or unplug power from psu, wait a few minutes, reboot and select defaults. From there I'm able to regain access to the Basic mode (3D) of the bios, but not Advanced Mode.

Tried:

Clearing cmos (remove battery & CLR jumper) on the board
Flashing different bios files
Checked CPU socket pins (all fine)
Tried using just 1 stick of ram
Swapped out Power supplies

Nothing seems to clear the issue. Anybody with a Giga board or other board experienced this? Anyway to fix it/clear it?

As long as I don't go into the bios to tweak anything the board runs flawlessly otherwise.

I'm stumped :shrug:

Had the same type of issue with a UD5 and a BIOS update fixed mine on the UD5. Have you tried using a different KB/Mouse in the 2.0 ports?

Nope. Been using the same kb/mouse. I'll try using different ports and see.

Also using the last official bios release (F9). I tried the beta F10c but that didn't do anything. Same problem.

Noway of reverting to the back-up bios. It switches automatically upon bios failure of the main bios. Used Q-Flash to update bios. Never used @BioS.

I have the same board, and I'm not having any issues. When I press Delete to go into the BIOS, it loads Advanced Mode by default. I'm using the F9 BIOS as well.

Very glad to here you sorted that, so no RMA now, at least Neb hopefully back to normal as they say lol. AJ.

Back