• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte G1 Sniper M3/Gskill Sniper 2133

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
With a bit more tweaking it should be good to go as they say on here! But right now your not that far away to be finished. On a De-Lided Chip them Temps would be around the mid 60c mark. But right now getting it stable is for today. AJ.

Lowered them to 10-10-10-28 @ 1.6. Anything lower and the pc refuses to boot. As for clock speed: I got it to 4.5Ghz with 1.332v. Under prime vcore drops to 1.31. Any vcore lower and the pc fails to boot. Temps loaded under prime get between 78-80c across the board. I also lowered the PLL to 1.755. Trying to drop that to keep lowering temps. So far so good :)

Did you try C9 at 1.65v?

Thx AJ. Still tweaking :thup:

Reefa bumped up the ram's voltage to 1.66v (no 1.65v, lol) and set Cas to 9. Timings now 9-11-11-28-2T :)

Update

Finally settled on 4.5Ghz 1.332v, PLL to 1.82v, LLC to High and evrything else set to AUTO.

Ram at 2133 with 9-10-10-28-1T @ 1.66v and everything else is AUTO.

Turbo mode enabled and all cores set to 45 :D Under prime temps run 67-72c across the board. One of the cores went over 82c :-/. Not too shabby I 'spoze. Before when redid the system I used some generic silver TIM I had recieved from S_I_N and it was sort of dried out and hard to spread. Kinda like that IC Diamond stuff if anyone remembers. I had thought it work, but found out it was bad...I mean really bad. Temps were over the 80c mark and the one core was hitting the red line.

I searched around my closet and found my trusty Ceramique. Come to find out tho it was drying out :(. I managed to bust the tube open and get what was left some-what fresh in the center. Enough for a nice spread. My temps improved after reapplying TIM and reseating the block. Looks like I need some new TIM.

I'm extremely impressed with the board. Aside from not having enough sata ports, this board rawks! :thup: The new memory is wicked and both combined make a formidable force. A whole lot smoother, faster and responsive in my games too. I should have went this route first instead of going with the MSI.

Meh, live and learn I guess :D

Back