• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte Ga-78-LMT-USB3 Normal CPU VCORE 1.425

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

okabekudo

Registered
Hi so I wanted to overclock my FX6300, so I went to the BIOS and saw that the normal VCORE is way too high! OP in this thread has the same board and CPU as me, and he has way lower normal CPU VCORE. He seems even to be able to lower it. I don't even have that option. 1.425 V or higher, but not lower. Does my Bios actually read that wrong? Or have I done anything wrong? I disabled all the recommended things and turned everything on to manual, that should be manual. What could I do about it? I mean if my mobo has this high a vcore as default, then basically I wouldn't be able to clock at all would I ?

Helping answers are very much appreciated.

I've got Rev 5.0 and there's only one BIOS version called FA. And this version I have yes.

You better re-flash that bios then.
I just took a look inside of it and you should be able to select anything from .800v to 1.55v
Either that or you have something else set wrong.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 869
And if you hit enter on CPU voltage control you do not get a dropdown box to select a lesser voltage?

Unfortunately, the lowest I get to is 1.425 only higher from this point on. Not lower.

You may get lockups at idle at stock clocks.

You mean by that that my cpu will "lag" while idle? I've never had any problems with it at all. Or how did you mean? Also I could say that my vcore is way lower in programs like cpu-z and such.

And once in that window, using the up or down arrow doesn't show lower voltage?

That's the case "NORMAL" is like the lowest value. And NORMAL is 1.425.

Could such a failure be the cause of a bad bios battery? Unfortunately the Graphics Card sits right above the battery, so it could be damaged...

And once in that window, using the up or down arrow doesn't show lower voltage?

Made a gif for this:

Last edited by a moderator:
If that board still has a warranty I'd be sending that back.

Then I would rather buy a new board. With the right chipset that is. Funniest thing is though that only the bios does read these values wrong or shouldn't I trust cpu-z? As it seems to read them quite correctly under load.

Capture.JPG

Back