• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GA-790XTA-UD4 Owners Club or Overclockers Guide?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matrix311

Just wondering if anyone has this board and what BIOS changes you have made? I have this board paired with the Phenom ii 965BE and 8GB DDR3 Kingston 1600mhz memory.

I've got the same CPU with a nearly identical mobo (GA-MA785GT-UD3H) in the mail right now to be paired with 2x2Gb of 1600 RAM, so there'll be at least one of us here with the same combo ;)!

What's your experience been so far? Any specific BIOS option questions? Knowing nothing else and assuming you're at square 1... I guess I'd suggest Dolk's phenom ii overclocking guide from elsewhere within ocforums :).

[EDIT: Ah! I nearly missed it!]
:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:
TO THE FORUMS!

I've got the same CPU with a nearly identical mobo (GA-MA785GT-UD3H) in the mail right now to be paired with 2x2Gb of 1600 RAM, so there'll be at least one of us here with the same combo ;)!

What's your experience been so far? Any specific BIOS option questions? Knowing nothing else and assuming you're at square 1... I guess I'd suggest Dolk's phenom ii overclocking guide from elsewhere within ocforums :).

[EDIT: Ah! I nearly missed it!]
:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:
TO THE FORUMS!

awesome man you will love it. I had my system overclocked to 4.0GHz stable just by bumping the multiplier up and the voltage up just 1 notch and it's great. I put it back to stock because it's a brand new system not even a week old yet.

Am I reading this correct in the AMD Motherboard section, are there currently only 3 threads or do I need more posts to view more threads? Why so little AMD Mobo threads and like 7 pages of Intel Mobo threads. Is this mainly an intel forum?

awesome man you will love it. I had my system overclocked to 4.0GHz stable just by bumping the multiplier up and the voltage up just 1 notch and it's great. I put it back to stock because it's a brand new system not even a week old yet.

Am I reading this correct in the AMD Motherboard section, are there currently only 3 threads or do I need more posts to view more threads? Why so little AMD Mobo threads and like 7 pages of Intel Mobo threads. Is this mainly an intel forum?

There's a whole lot more than a few threads I'm seeing - click "user cp" above to check your settings, maybe there's some odd default cutting off things within a few days or something???

Did you get to 4.0 stably on stock cooling or 3rd party?

I don't have the exact same setup, I've got the 790XT with a 550be and 2x2gb of Corsair 1600, Had it for two weeks now, Mine shipped with bios f6, I updated to f7. (no noticeable difference) The ram booted at 1333, So I went in and upped it to 1600 in the bios. I think virtually all the time with these boards the 1600 ram will first boot at 1333.
This is my first Gigabyte board, So far so good, I run my 550be at 3.5 24/7. I haven't played around much with the memory timings yet. I will likely be upgrading to the 955 or 965 in the next couple of months.

I have this board running with a 955.
I've never overclocked before and I'm looking for some assistance.
I'll start with the Phenom II guide link you provided, but is there anything pertinent I should know?
I have the Xigmatek Dark Knight CPU cooler along with 1 200mm and 4 120mm fans, so I figure I should be pretty cool. The CPU stays around 30C by default.

Sorry for the bump but I messed something up.
Everything runs but the monitor isn't getting a signal. I feel like I messed up my video card.

Back