• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GA-790XTA-UD4 probs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crackkhead

Hi all

I'm new here looking for some help, for the board i just bought(Gigabyte GA-790XTA-UD4). I expirienced some delay when i was installing windows 7, it took some time to load the first screen where u suposed to chose language. And it to more time to get to the part where to format. Is its normal? on this board. Because on my last board ASUS M4A78 it tok about 10 minutes to instal windows 7? Or is it the board malfunction?

Specs AMD Phenom II x4 945
Currently 4 gb Geil dragon kit 2gb block dont work i have to return it to the dealer and get a new kit.
2x500 gb Seagate barracuda 7200.11 1x1tb WD green caviar

plz Help :)

And when i overclock the cpu, the board gets up to 60 c in everest? isnt it to high?

It took awhile for the windows install on my MA790XT, So it's no big deal. As far as the heat issue, Are you still using the stock cooler? If your going to try and do moderate to heavy O.C.ing you will need a fairly decent heatsink for your CPU.

Okay so its perfectly normal? :)
Yeah i bought the scythe mugen 2 its cooling realy nice right about 50 c in load at 4ghz

Back