• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GA-8KNXP Ultra Intel875P

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have the 8KNXP board, it has everything but SCSI onboard. You should beable to overclock the 2.4C chip a good amount on the 8KNXP Ultra. What type of memory will you be using? You should try to use like 400Mhz or 433Mhz memory with it. The bios that it has from the factory dont support dual channel 400Mhz memory, but it should when they have some new bios out.

Ummmm....

Right now my 8KNXP is running @ a FSB of 1102.70 and a ram speed of 457mhz 2,5,3,3 DDR NO PROBLEMS....This 'the 8KNXP won't support 400 mhz duel channel' is just pure and simple rubbish! 'Of course' it supports 400 mhz DDR ram speeds in duel channel, it's an i875p mobo!!

The 8KNXP has all the overclocking options of the ASUS and ABit boards with a fantastic amount of options like SATA raid and Gigabit CSA lan as well as PATA raid. It also has 6 phase power regulation which means that my Vcore and Vdimm dosen't drop one iota under heavy load using a TopPower 350watt PSU.

The quality and stability of this board is the best bar none....

.....Won't support DDR 400 DUel Channel?! You need better RAM dude - Or up your Vdimm....

Fluid what is your voltage dimm? What bios? I have the 1024LL memory and no matter what voltage, or mem settings or bios it will not run 3d apps at 400mhz. I see you are using the DPS2, I will have to replace my CNPS7000 with the MX4000 and install the DPS2 and see what happens.

Alphaeon,

ATM my vdimm is running at the maximum 2.93 volts, although having said that I believe this could be cranked down a notch due to the fact that this setting was the one I was using when I was running my RAM at 2,5,2,2 @ 245 mhz DDR (currently running 457mhz DDR @ 2,5,3,3)....

I'm currently running 2X Corsair XMS3200 CAS2 256MB sticks of ram in duel channel mode.

My fellow moderator on the OCAU forums runs an 8KNXP board as well as the ASUS and ABit boards and he raves anout the Gigabyte in comparison....He's running an MX4000 I believe with a huge fan and adapter bolted to the top of the HS 'and' he's running the DPS2 daughterboard, in order to fit both in he removed the small fan off the DPS heatsink, and he's experienced no problems at all with this setup....

May be something to consider as i'm sure running your board in 3 phase isn't helping your cause any....

Back