• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P and Quad Cores?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ithinkwierdly

Registered
Will the GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P support Quad Cores out of the box? I was reading some reviews on newegg, and people were complaining that only two of the four cores were being read. Is this because of AMD cool n' quiet, or another reason?

I was going to buy one, and thought that it'd be alright since it was probably just the cool n' quiet , that you could disable later on, that was causing the problem with the cores not being read at 3.2 Ghz but 800 Mhz.

Or does the board really not support Quad Cores like the 955 BE for instance? I really want a Quad Core functioning on this board, and will it work out of the box? Or do i have to update bios for the cores to work? Or is it just Cool N' Quiet.

Can someone elaborate for me? Thank you in advanced.

Board=http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128387

Taken directly from the newegg link under specifications, "CPU Type Phenom II X3 / Phenom II X4 / Phenom FX / Phenom X4 / Phenom X3 / Athlon X2 / Athlon / Sempron X2 / Sempron."

It does, the "problem" people may be experiencing is probably an outdated bios. Update your bios and you will be fine.

The board works great with X4s, if people were seeing only two cores they were either using an ancient bios, or the cores were disabled with a bios setting.

Back