• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L VOLT MOD - PENCIL MOD - HARD MOD FOUND!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The image hosting service that person used is no longer providing image hosting services, so that image is gone unfortunately. :shrug:

The mod for the ep35-ds3l is the same as the p35-ds3l however from what I'm reading, so you can follow the pictures in this thread I believe.

More here:
http://www.overclock.net/intel-moth...r-massive-vdroop-oc-troubles.html#post4030716

Thanks for your fast reply and for trying to give a hand :) , but i think the two boards have a different layout so it's not working for me cause when i look @ that pic in the thread you directed me to i still can't figure out which resistor should i pencil down on my GA-EP35-DS3L , anymore thoughts please ?!

the pics are still showing up for me. Check again. ill save them now.

Thanks a lot for the fast reply :salute:
the pic with the mod for my exact board the GA-EP35-DS3L is not showing , it was on that post by renegade

look here :

ok guys, actually found this thread from Google :)

Sorry its my 1st post....but since this is something useful...why nt :)
Actually I have gt an EP31-DS3L a few days back and was fighting with it to get to 3.6Ghz stable on my Q6600 and the huge vdroop was a big downer :(

Now bumped into the thread and found that no solution is yet available for the ISL 6334 based EP35-DS3L and EP31-DS3L....looked into the mod pics of the vanilla P35-DS3L and the usual spec sheets of the ISL 6312 (old) and ISL 6334(new).Had some high resolution shots of my mobo , and so figured out the pencil mod :)....I knew it could be hit and miss but still went on and tried it. Bingo and I was 100% correct on finding the correct resistor and its working 100%

Here the pic and explanation of the mod

About the Results here it is :

Q6600 @ 3.6Ghz
Pre Pencil mod :

Bios --- 1.5375 V
Idle --- 1.49V
Load(OCCT 4 cores) --- 1.42V

Post Pencil mod

Bios --- 1.48 V
Idle --- 1.44V
Load(OCCT 4 cores) --- 1.41V

Hope this helps :)

Oh and ya thnx to all the blokes for the original P35-DS3L mod w/o which this wouldn't have been possible :)
Also should I rather create a new thread for this :p

Thanks,
Supra/Regenade

mr.hank i saw the pic that showed the mod for my exact board on this post a month ago but i was hesitating to do the mod , now i came back for it and it's gone , i should have saved it i blame my self :bang head

do you have the image that was on that particular post ?!
or can you help me locate the resistor on my board the GA-EP35-DS3L ?! :comp:

i will upload any pics that you would ask for i just need some help here please :cry: , thanks :grouphug:

great forum by the way :bday:

Last edited:
I need a mod for the EP35 DS3L. The layout is different. The pictures aren't showing up any longer. Can someone help me out?

Hank, maybe you should save these pics and reupload them through the forums to make sure they remain available? I've updated the image rules and you should have no problem uploading them here if you'd like to.

Hi!

I have a p35 s3g and i need help. I don't know wich one i have to pencil. Is similar, but different.

If anybody can help me to find where to draw ith the pencil, i will thanks a lot.

... and sorry for my poor english.
p35s3g.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Doesn't that board have load line calibration in bios.

If it does just enable that.

Being a EP43 I would think not.

If you want to see if it works then check the pics. Really it comes down to finding the points of where the voltage runs. From all the reading and learning I did its pretty easy now to find them on any board.

Hey yo all.

Some help needed for vdroop mod on ga-p35-ds3p.

I've found many pictures of similar boards how-to, but there is some differences on mine. Thats why I need to make sure I do right thing.

Here p35-dq6 is almost the same as p35-ds3p, but lacks two small resistors one of which is needed for mod to work. You can see the white strap is pointed on one at below which is missing on p35-ds3p. My question would, do I need that missing resistor for mod to work?

143437.jpg
dsc08545zw5.jpg

Is the forum dead? This is small question for any experienced user and no reply for days. I'm so pleased :facepalm:

No its not dead. Best way to find out is take a volt meter to it. Check the voltage with and without load.

Hey,

Thanks for your effort to reply regarding this issue, but sadly it was solved some time ago. I've found that most P35 Gigabyte boards was using very similar design which helped me a lot. I found vdroop mod for P35T-DQ6 and it worked good.

p35t-dq6vcoremod.jpg

Simple as that, two wires and you're done lol. And one thing, I've put 470K resistor for the job, coz my shop was out 500K at that time. So I still got little vdroop 0.02 at load. Could this be caused by 470K?

Thanks
banana014.gif

Back