• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GA-X99-Designare EX - Bios Issues with Memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
From Corsair website:

Package contents

4 x 16GB memory modules
Vengeance Airflow

Compatibility

Intel 100 Series platform

Technical Specifications

Density: 64GB (4x16GB)
Speed: 3333MHz
Tested Latency: 16-18-18-36
Voltage: 1.35V

Format: Unbuffered DIMM
Pin Out: 288 Pin
Intel XMP 2.0
Heatspreader: Anodized Aluminum
---------------------------------------

If your going to run the ram at 3333MHZ then you need to up the voltage to 1.35V and make sure it's 1.35V in the PC Health Status and not 1.34V or 1.33V, and set the timings to 16 18 18 36, I never use auto settings for my ram, Intel or AMD. Also, don't go and put everything on auto because not everything needs to be on auto, it makes more trouble.

With my Gigabyte motherboard I have everything on AUTO and my memory won't overclock without setting XMP.

AUTO is the only choice with this board/bios. Well, some items can be enabled or disabled but that is as far as it goes. If there is a number, I don't seem to have the ability to change it.

From Corsair website:

Package contents

4 x 16GB memory modules
Vengeance Airflow

Compatibility

Intel 100 Series platform

Technical Specifications

Density: 64GB (4x16GB)
Speed: 3333MHz
Tested Latency: 16-18-18-36
Voltage: 1.35V

Format: Unbuffered DIMM
Pin Out: 288 Pin
Intel XMP 2.0
Heatspreader: Anodized Aluminum
---------------------------------------

If your going to run the ram at 3333MHZ then you need to up the voltage to 1.35V and make sure it's 1.35V in the PC Health Status and not 1.34V or 1.33V, and set the timings to 16 18 18 36, I never use auto settings for my ram, Intel or AMD. Also, don't go and put everything on auto because not everything needs to be on auto, it makes more trouble.

On my Giga board I needed to set the 125 strap first reboot then set the XMP and it seemed to work much better. IIRC 3333 is the 125 strap
I'm using the SOC Champion

AUTO is the only choice with this board/bios. Well, some items can be enabled or disabled but that is as far as it goes. If there is a number, I don't seem to have the ability to change it.

Now don't make me buy this MB, CPU and ram just to show you it can be done :) :chair:
There is always a way to make changes, you just have not seen it yet.

Did each stick individually. It made no difference and I got the same results.

Looks like you don't have a bad stick of memory. With my Gigabyte motherboard when I set XMP sometimes boot fails then I just try over and save Bios again, Give that a try.

OMG!!! Brain fart!
I was looking at the manual and noticed the part about pressing [page up] [page down] on the settings. While hitting ENTER just changed from AUTO to ENABLE to DISABLE, hitting page up/down changed other values. Ugh! Go figure! So now I can actually experiment with the values. Any suggestions? I'll set your advice with the 1.35V...

Now don't make me buy this MB, CPU and ram just to show you it can be done :) :chair:
There is always a way to make changes, you just have not seen it yet.

OMG!!! Brain fart!
I was looking at the manual and noticed the part about pressing [page up] [page down] on the settings. While hitting ENTER just changed from AUTO to ENABLE to DISABLE, hitting page up/down changed other values. Ugh! Go figure! So now I can actually experiment with the values. Any suggestions? I'll set your advice with the 1.35V...

Don't feel bad, I think just about everyone has done that, your not the 1st and you won't be the last :)

BTW nice looking MB:
x99Designare.jpg

Whats up dood. Sorry I was only seeing my issue now vs yours.
I got the same motherboard and it is surely a fussy one and gets even worse when you update the bios not better :(
Mine did the same with only two chips of ram I have 2 x 4gb Basic Kingston memmory for testing 2133 In the allocated ram slots for two ram chips seated in slot order for duel channel.
So i tried each ram seperate and they work. However it would seem it changes the manuals order for the ram chips positioning also now with the F4 Bios I have the two chips in _4_2B and _3_1B works fine so try this, Put all 4 chips on the left side of cpu let me know if it works ?

thats a sweet mb. i wish it had been around when i bought my evga. i could have kept my 6800. nice build!

Back