• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 + 2600k + Frio

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
SamSavesMax - thanks for the detailed info. I had a working OC @ 44x, which now refuses to boot. Gets to BIOS splash - but cannot even enter BIOS (reboots).

I either have a bad CPU now or a bad Mobo. But this helps to compare my settings against (we're almost identical - I had lower multiplier & dvid of course).

Lame to lose my system after about 3 weeks operation :(

Not able to boot into the BIOS sounds really a bad sign.

Your system was set to RAID as I see you have an SSD & HDD...correct...as you're running the OS off SSD?
Was it a successful bios flash? I assumed it's a yes.
Remove rams, remove battery, clear CMOS...and let it seat for 2 hrs.
Check and make sure the rams installed in appropriate slots. (do verify with owner's manual)

If that couldn't do the trick...and still unable to boot into BIOS...then check for your incoming PM as a last resort.

Last edited:
ok i finally got my rig setup and am trying to overclock and its becoming a real pain. I cant get a stable overclock at or around 4.4ghz. I havent tryed any lower but the longest prime95 last on my 4.4ghz overclock is 5 mins. then i get the 101 error which tells me to boost vcore. I dont wanna boost vcore to high because i read if it gets above 1.4 it is risky. Idk what to do but i would like a stable 4.5ghz rig if possible just dont understand how you guys do it so easy. Any help would be appreciated.

A Core i7 2600K will take 1.5 Vcore no problem. Reportedly, it takes over 1.7 Vcore before it smokes. Just make sure to monitor your core temperature and keep it low.

A Core i7 2600K will take 1.5 Vcore no problem. Reportedly, it takes over 1.7 Vcore before it smokes. Just make sure to monitor your core temperature and keep it low.

After my last post i managed to get what i think to be a stable overclock of 4.6 its been stable 40 mins of prime95 and no BSOD yet "fingers crossed" but the temps get in the mid to low 80's on 2 cores and high 70's on the other 2. I have a water cooler in my system its not one of the expensive ones but i have some very cheap fans blowing through the radiator so im thinking over getting some better fans to help with temp issues what is come good fans that have deminsions of 120x120x25 and are good for radiators? I was looking at getting 2 of these to go on each side....

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/de12ff1.html

Not all 2600K's are created equally, so 4.6 GHz could be the maximum OC achievable for your particular chip. There are some good articles and blogs available describing how to find and purchase one. My top Prime95 "stable OC" for a retail boxed 2600K was 5.1 GHz at 1.495 V. Maximum temp was <68 degrees C.

Hello everyone this is a very helpful thread for a newcomer to OC ing and this particular board--thanks you all for it.

I just got this board down at my local Microcenter which is not really so local. unboxing revealed no Gigabyte Label, no yellow sheet, and no red foam around the heatsink--the tape on the anti static bag did not look like it was disturbed

Before I get started with assembly I would like to know if everyone get the red foam or is is possible that some didn't. Gigabyte says it is UN usual to get the foam while youtube un-boxing videos all have it.

Mine is V1.3

Hope this is OK to ask here

Thanks

I wouldnt worry about a piece of missing packing foam...period. Some get it, some do not it seems.

Thanks I was 99.99% sure it was not going back, I just needed to hear that. When I called gigabyte CS I got a real person real fast.. TU to Gigabyte for that.

Just as note to the people having a problem getting stable overclocks. This board will set your ram to 1t and while some ram can handle it, mine could not I had to set it to 2t now its rock stable.

Last edited:
Hey could you possibly repost your bios settings pictures? I guess they got removed from wherever you hosted them. They were alot of help Thanks!

Back