• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H ddr2933 OC dram voltage?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pepi93

I've decided to buy this board. At $130 it's a no brainer where as the Asus Pro costs $190.

Planning to throw a i5 4670k on it. with a Noctua NH-D14 HS

I took a look at the specs and it says memory voltage at 1.5v.

Does anyone know if bios dram voltage options go higher than 1.5v? I want to buy 1.6v memory modules...

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133MHz CL9 Dual Channel Kit (F3-2133C9D-16GXH)

What are all the dram bios voltage options?

Thanks in advance.

Also, is there that big a difference btwn CL9 and CL10? for overclocking...not max OC just mid range to high

Yes u will have higher voltage options. Unless u oc via bclk u can run your mem at stock speeds because u will be using the muli like 45x100 . The chip you get might not even run that high and as you oc haswells the mem controlers get worse. Except in bench mark you wont see a diff with ram speed over1600 any way

I think I might as well go for some 1866mhz cl10's or 9's and save some money...they run at 1.5v too

Yeah, 2x4GB 1866 CL9 1.5V is the sweet spot for gaming on Haswell.

Back