• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Sli Voltages

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

professor

My vCore voltage is always 0.12-0.36 higher then my vid under load but I have everything set manually, this never used to happen wondering if anyone know about this motherboard thanks:)

It could be anything man... just use LLC to adjust it if it is bothering you. ;)

Last edited:
As ED suggested, try adjusting the LLC value to provide less voltage supplement under load.

Hmm... well, I don't really see a problem here honestly. That is how it behaves when left to its own.

yeah idk i'm trying to push this old budget motherboard and old cpu to 4.7 but i cant pass 4.6 and im scared if i go past 1.28 it will degrade if its at 1.33vcore cause devils canyon's "limit" is 1.3vcore

That is the lowest I have heard anyone mention DC's vcore limit...

We have said to keep it under 1.4V and temps at 90C or less stress testing. 1.3V is leaving a lot of meat on the bone.

The problem is 'pushing' an "old budget motherboard" with 4-phase (likely weak) power... ;)

Yeah with hyperthreading the motherboard doesnt like to go over 1.3 but without hyperthreading it can barely

edit

temps are no problem for me as my chip is delidded its just i really dont wanna have to get a new chip for a year on p95 at 1.35vcore i dont really go over 88-90

These arent terribly fragile...you havent even tickled it until now. :)

Please stop worrying about it.

Mine is higher under load as well. My VID in Bios is 1.27 but 1.312 under load. Not abnormal and depends on how the individual board's bios handles LLC and other power regulating technologies. I suspect the VID showing in the HWMonitor pic is probably the IMC voltage.

Attachments

• VID.JPG
    VID.JPG
    237.6 KB · Views: 39
Back