• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte Gurus - Looking For Advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Flu!d said:

I don't know about the 'final release' bios but the beta bios's could not be flashed from DOS as this procedure would result in a checksum error....The 'only' way to flash the bios was via the Gigabyte supplied bios flash utility - in which case it worked a treat.

Tainice....Are you 'sure' it is your mobo that is at fault here?

Good point, cuz it is my stupid supra modem and corrupted hd keeping my board from workin' just found that out today after get some sleep ;) ..guess my mind went blink at the time:eek: now the board is back on its feet(? like it has any:) ) i will continue my work. one more thing, i can stable my board at 172f now without my modem card.

Flu!d, I flashed the f9c beta bios that you emailed me with no problems by hitting the F2 key right after post and using the flash utility that I had d/l from gigabyte. I've never even tried a bios flash in windows; scares the heck out of me to even think of doing that. I've since flashed both of the bios's to the final f9d bios on my XET board using the F2 key method with no problems. That is the way that I would recommend flashing these boards with, not the windows flash thingy.

Back