• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GigaByte M61PME-S2P

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spoonman184

I am having trouble trying to overclock this board. All of the CPU settings in the BIOS are locked, I didn't see an unlock feature in any of the other BIOS menus, EasyTune6 has its tuner and smart options grayed out, AMD OverDrive doesn't work because I don't have an AMD 7 chipset, and NVidia Ntune doesn't work because I don't have a NForce 2 or 3 board.

Any suggestions would be most helpful.

GigaByte M61PME-S2P
AMD 64 X2 4400+
2 x 1GB 5300 Acer stock RAM (could provide more possibly)
Win XP 32 bit

Last edited:
Who built that machine? If it's off-the-shelf you probably won't be able to OC it through BIOS at all.

Have you tried ClockGen? Don't know if it supports that chipset or not ...

I bought the motherboard myself to replace a badly flashed BIOS. Fresh install of Windows as well.

Amazing that Gigabyte would release a new board with that chipset. :shock:

Well, here's the basics according to Hardware Secrets review ...
Overclocking
An amazing detail on M61PME-S2P motherboard is the presence of some overclocking options. For the average user, they are hidden and at first you may think that there is no options for improving your system performance. However, by pressing Control and F1 keys while on the initial setup screen (as in most Gigabyte motherboards), the overclocking options appear. Sadly, the available options are not very complete. You can adjust the base clock at one megahertz steps, lock the PCI Express clock and adjust multipliers, but there is no voltage adjustments at all.

:)

<3 QuietIce. After you enter the Setup by pressing DEL, you press CTRL + F1 and the screen flashes. The multiplier is within one of the submenus.

Back