• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte MBO Warranty experience

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BruceUSA

Can any one of you share your Gigabyte MBO warranty experience? good/bad? My experience with them are good. Here is why, I have a dead MBO X399 during my build of the threadripper. I then went out purchased another MBO to finished my built and all good. I went on gigabyte website and file a warranty for my X399. I wait for a few day I got a email respond, telling me, warranty of the MBO is not covered by bent pins and asking me to send in picture of the board. I then sent in pictures of the MBO along with my statement, said; Your statement is incorrect. I never mention or say anything about bent pins. After that email, I have not heard back from gigabyte in 10 days. So, I decide to call them on the phone. To my surprised, I talk to a live person within a couple minutes. I told him what was wrong and I have not receive a RMA# so, he issued me a RMA#. I shipped the MBO out to gigabyte and I got it back in about 2 weeks with a packing clip said REPAIRED but they did not say what exactly were wrong and what they repaired.

Now my other question is, how can I test the MBO is in fact fixed (working) without a CPU installed. I don't want to tear down my working system just to test the damn thing. Any help is appreciated.

I contacted them about an audio issue I was having with my mobo (known problem with this revision) and they were happy to replace it. I just didn't want to tear my main rig down for who knows how long. Fortunately a BIOS revision fixed it (!), but they were very easy to deal with.

I live in Poland but I guess they have global warranty rules. After all RMA in last 3 years, I got only info "repaired" ... about 6 boards with the same info and all were sent to support for power section issues or dead BIOS chip ( funny is that all were dual BIOS ). What is weird, the same "no info" get distribution. Sometimes there is something added but not often. On the other hand in most cases when it's repaired then it works fine after that.
At least in EU they repair everything. There can't even replace hardware. It's really rare when support can't fix something and then they only make a document to distribution to replace it for them while Gigabyte covers costs. In US RMA is going directly to manufacturer, in EU it has to pass store/distributor. Some brands are changing that and depends on the product it has to be directly sent to the support ( non-components so laptops, monitors etc. ).

Never had a problem with Gig's RMA's.
Correspondence is a little weak, and turnaround is a little slow, but they've never let me down.

-
Its been a long tine since I had to rma anything gigabyte. But they always been good to me. A little slow. But they always come through for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK.. Thank you for your inputs here. I ask this question because I did a search about gigabyte RMA and I found so many negatives about gigabyte RMA neglect. I guess those complains must be in the passed and has been improved. I am glad every body have good experienced with gigabyte as I have.

You can do a search about anything and get negative feedback. People speak when wronged, nkt so much when it goes well.

This is why i dont worry about anecdotal responses of experiences. No matter where, even asus who is notorious for bad experiences, id gather still reach 90%+ satisfaction.

I'd wager 90+% of RMA experiences for gear hinge directly on customer attitude and accuracy. Supply exactly what they ask for without being a [family edit] and you'll almost always have a good experience if the failure was their part. (See, ED? I'm teachable. LOL)

In the Internet almost all complain, those who are happy barely ever spend time on sharing that. Looking for comments, you are more likely to find negative opinions.
I'm not a fan of Gigabyte in last 2-3 years but their support works good. In the same way works MSI. ASRock is a bit better and ASUS depends on the product. Still quality of support is going up in last years while products quality is going down ( even though all look so great with RGB LEDs etc ). There are other reasons than production quality but it's not a place for this topic.

Back