• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte Vs Zotac?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
I think that I've made up my mind about trying to pre-order a RTX 3080. In my searches, some channel partners are increasing costs by as much as $100. As such, I've rulled those out. Additionaly, because I had such a terible time with MSI for graphics cards, they are forever banished from my wallet. (They actively ripped me off. Forgive but not forget.)

I see two channel partners are keeping their prices closer to the $699 MSRP by $30-40. That narrows my choice to Gigabyte and Zotac. I've never had issue with either one that I can recall but I'm not sure how to rate them against each other either. Any thoughts?

I have bought gigabyte and haven't had any issues with their video cards. But they are off my list of options for motherboards.

Additionaly, because I had such a terible time with MSI for graphics cards, they are forever banished from my wallet. (They actively ripped me off. Forgive but not forget.)

Yikes! OTOH, my MSI B450 Tomahawk looks to be one of the best socket AM4 motherboards out there. I do have an unopened-in-box MSI Mech Radeon RX5500XT. (*NOT FOR SALE*) (I'm about to install it, but still plan to tweak the RX580, one of the last GCNs)

I only expelled the MSI gaming laptop with Core i7 9750H, because there's still no update for CSME. The Intel CSME checking utility failed the laptop. Due to a security issue with CSME that's critical. (remote code execution)

Sadly, looks like MSI EOS'ed the GF63 9SC Thin with 9th-gen Core i-series.

And so far, looks like I got the "grand finale BIOS update" for the B450 Tomahawk. The next desktop Ryzen motherboard, is expected to be a B550.

I have bought gigabyte and haven't had any issues with their video cards. But they are off my list of options for motherboards.

My Gigabyte GA-F2A88X-D3HP has been doing well, for my Kaveri. But, I thought I saw bad things written or spoken about their AM4 motherboards. :(

Last edited:
I refuse MSI products these days as well. Have a friend that bought MSI 980ti and it took a dump. I helped him to rma it and got a reply that they didnt have one to replace- so they just said there were gonna send him a check for like $327. You couldnt buy a card with the same performance for that amount of money. Told them if that is what they do, I will never buy another MSI product- and here we are

Zotac is generally cheaper than most but I wouldn't count on any prices quoted to this point until release day. If nothing else because of the dynamic pricing structure most retailers like Newegg have these days. I pretty much stick with ASUS or eVGA but if I had to choose between your two then I would go Gigabyte. I'd imagine all are going to be higher than we expect though.

Zotac is generally cheaper than most but I wouldn't count on any prices quoted to this point until release day. If nothing else because of the dynamic pricing structure most retailers like Newegg have these days. I pretty much stick with ASUS or eVGA but if I had to choose between your two then I would go Gigabyte. I'd imagine all are going to be higher than we expect though.

These are quoted pre-order prices from B&H. I'm actually also trying directly from Nvidia too which is my #1 choice as a pre-order. If I don't get one early on, I'd go EVGA too myself.

No issues with Gigabyte motherboards or GPUs here, and they usually have a couple models that run cheaper than most [emoji106]

I have had both Gigabyte and Zotac graphics cards, a 1080ti and dual GTX 670s respectively, no problems with either. In fact i’m using one of the GTX 670s atm because I sold the 1080ti waiting for a 3090. Still works very well.

Why not go for a founder edition? I’m getting a FE 3090 because I’d rather not pay $1700 for an AIB partner model.

Basically its a crapshoot you could have good cards from anyone and bad cards from anyone. No company has a halo round its head but I’m avoiding MSI like the plague since they are strong arming tech youtubers into not publishing unfavorable reviews.

Ended up being a moot point. No cards were to be had.

Back