• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GIGABYTE X58A-UD7 GETTING REAY TO TURN & BURN

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not bad on the BCLK. PCIe on AUTO for that I am assuming?

If that's the same mem you used with the Xeon, it's probably the IMC :( Did you try single or dual channel or 1 stick at a time to see if a stick went bad? Does it have the same problem at lower BCLK?

Haha, the ole -1 available mem in SPi, haven't seen that in a while :)

Not bad on the BCLK. PCIe on AUTO for that I am assuming?

If that's the same mem you used with the Xeon, it's probably the IMC :( Did you try single or dual channel or 1 stick at a time to see if a stick went bad? Does it have the same problem at lower BCLK?

Haha, the ole -1 available mem in SPi, haven't seen that in a while :)

yeah it just dont like it im guessing!!! i bet 1600 is the trick on this....... I have some other memory as well a bit slower all sticks r good tested them in another system no issues.

T&B

I just tried updating to the f3c bios and then I couldn't get into Windows at 4ghz anymore so I returned back to f2 bios and still had plenty of trouble. I couldn't remember all my settings. Finally I upped the PCI clock to 106mhz and I booted right in. 200x20.

I'm going to try to contribute to this thread now but I won't have as frequent updates as T&B..

WOW hey im gooing to flash back to the F2b bbios maybe then this 920 will work better with the memory!!!! But the F3c are great on my W3570 Xeon.

Will be back with what happens on the flashback....... for the 920

T&B

BACK i7 920 228/223 BLCKS

super_pi_233_blck_i7_920.jpg

06_Marks_4800_920.jpg

Need Bio's please Gigabyte!!!!

T&B

Last edited:
I'm back guys. Just finished a week of exams with which I aced all of them so time to open up my window and see what this system to do using my i7 920 n00b skills. :D

i7 920 232/233 BLCK

233_BLCK_SUPER_PI_4890.jpg

4870__06M__232_BLCK.jpg

Back to the Xeon while I wait for the i9 6 core sitting at JFK customs to arrive hehe

T&B

I wish it would crack the 240+ mark, but nice to see it will do 3D06 with that kind of BCLK regardless. I don't think I've done 3Ds over ~225 on the UD4P. 2Ds about 233-235.

I'm still not sure how the hell a SS is running 4/8 @ 4.8GHz+, especially with that much Vc, but that must be the highest capacity single-comp phase unit I've ever seen...and I've seen some strong ones (ie. 1HP rotary).

Keep up the good work, looking forward to more results...

I wish it would crack the 240+ mark, but nice to see it will do 3D06 with that kind of BCLK regardless. I don't think I've done 3Ds over ~225 on the UD4P. 2Ds about 233-235.

I'm still not sure how the hell a SS is running 4/8 @ 4.8GHz+, especially with that much Vc, but that must be the highest capacity single-comp phase unit I've ever seen...and I've seen some strong ones (ie. 1HP rotary).

Keep up the good work, looking forward to more results...

Im rather shocked as well but tihis Mobo with some good bios I think will be flying as not only is it the chip but the board when it comes to cranking the blck (dont forget some nice cooling as well)

Will keep plucking away at it just changed up to the W3570 doing first run and will update with any new good results

T&B

Last edited:
I can't seem to get any high bclk stable on this. I was able to boot up at 4.41ghz 210x21 and then run prime95 on mixed for 20 minutes before it hung on me.

Do you have your hyperthreading off?

Edit: Sorry I should've seen from your cpu-z that you had all 8 threads going. I almost think my cpu just kinda sucks now.

Last edited:
Do All testing with TURBO/HT on whats the sence in taking it off might as well be running a duo 2 core he-he.

whats your temps and whats your memory at? need to see your specs on everything maybe just hung somewhere?

4.4 is not bad BTW most ppl cant get over 4.0

LOL
T&B

I think I've got it stable at 4ghz now. Memory at 6-7-6-20 1T. Hyperthreading is on.

CPU PLL 1.88
QPI 1.355
CPU Vcore 1.35
DRAM 1.66
QPI PLL 1.3
IOH Core 1.18

Temperatures maxing at 72/69/69/67. Seems one of my cores is always running warmer.

QPI seems to play a major role because I think that's why I was getting some instability before. I just hope 4ghz can stay stable at the very least.

Update: 4.3ghz seems stable via LinX. vcore 1.3625v. 205x21.

Now we're getting somewhere.. :sn:

edit: blck of 207 fails for me even when I up the vcore to 1.4v.

Last edited:
And why havent I heard back from you regarding a front page article for a review on this mobo!!!! :)

OK been bussy leaving for my place in Naples Florida for Holidays!!! Just got the new chipper in appt for the 2.4 as it clocks higher as you can see but NEED MY CASCADE!!! this is on a SS system that holds the temps better than most.

Why am I not on the Benching Team, maybe when I get back by then another chip in as well.

Why haven't I done a REVIEW?? Still testing as these boards were built for the 6 cores and just haven't had as much time as I needed to do enough work on them!!!

Still have the second board in its box gathering dust, and the evga 141-759 waiting for some action whit these chips.

I will be back for some serious benching Mid Jan. but I will try to get in some Linx tonight if I can 20 runs @ 25000 as I dont have time to do much else.

Hope everyone is enjoying the views and will be back with more.

Thank You
T&B

Back