• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte Z370 gaming 7 and 8700K - Multi Core Enhancement (MCE or EMP)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Butadol

I know there are a log of OC guides out there for this exact setup, but I am running into an issue that I do not know how to face and I cannot seem to find the answer.

My OC is.

4.8 @ 1.225v

Using HWinfo it shows all 6 cores holding the same voltage and frequency steady and firm.

The result is identical with EMP set to Auto, Enabled and Disabled.

This would be fine of I was benchmarking, or pushing the processor, but for day to day I would really like to reduce the energy consumption and heat.

How can I get the cores drop when not needed. I thoughts MCE (EMP) was for this function specifically.

I think all C states need to be enabled. I don't know if EIST is still called that, but if it's an option it needs to be enabled, too.

+1 Make sure c-states are enabled and EIST then you can also enable speed shift for performance, also use Dynamic DVID it will adjust the Vcore according to load, c-states wont work without DVID. C-states and EIST lower the Vcore and multiplier at idle.

Just leave EMP on AUTO. All EMP does is run maximum turbo clock speed on all six cores. You have the multiplier set at 4.8GHz so that overrides the EMP.

Last edited:
Back