• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte z77x-UP7 or Asus V formula or Extreme V

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ihab7000

Registered
Hi dear friends and experts. I need your opinion because I feel little sad and need your help. I have been always a gigabyte fan because in Egypt the technical support is faster than other MOBOS supporters even if after the one year warranty expires, they still can help you for little money. I have bought the new Gigabyte z77x-UP7.It is a very good board for the previous reasons, but then I saw the poll here about the Asus V Formula and V Extreme. I still have the chance for an exchange. I will lose some money though. Shall I change or not is really the Asus better than mine. I intend to learn how to overclock. Is there that much difference between the two mobos that makes me change. I really need your unbiased help and advice. Thanks to all who will help me . Waiting your replies

Unless u are going to be using ln2 all three mbs should oc the same from the reviews i have read

All three motherboards are overkill for you if you aren't using extreme (sub zero) cooling. There is no real reason for you to exchange to get either of the others.

All three motherboards are overkill for you if you aren't using extreme (sub zero) cooling. There is no real reason for you to exchange to get either of the others.
Dear Janus67..thx so much for your reply .I am little relieved. Plz What is a sub zero cooling?

liquid nitrogen (-176C) or dry ice (-78.5C) are two examples.

Water and air cooling are considered ambient (IE only as cool as room temperature).

If money is no object I'd return it for the Maximus extreme V. Friendlier bios, nifty overclocking features like ROG connect. Looks better.

I've been on the ROG boards (Maximus, Rampage, Crosshair) for a while now. I like them a lot.

But in terms of the max overclock you can reach the UP7 is already overkill. In fact, all of these boards would be overkill for an air or water overclock so you're fine no matter which one you pick.

Dear Janus67, Dear Theocnoob..sorry for being so late.Thx so much for your care for me ..it really directed me..I will keep my UP77. I am not a ROG..I mean no a gammer. I also want to know about the best rams for my UP7 .I will install 16 GB of Rams .So shall I go for G-skill or Corsair? 8 x 2 or 4 x 4 Kits and for OC 2400 0r 2666? thx all.Also what is the best external Audio card for me Creative or XFI and which Model. I have 5.1 speaker might upgrade to 7.1 Thx all for helping me all opinions are welcomed.I really feel at home here LOL

Both brands will be just fine. I've liked Gskill for the last several years, but both are great. Up to you for 4x4gb or 2x8gb. I would generally go for 2x8 for room to expand.

I wouldn't waste your money on anything faster than ddr3-1600 you won't notice any real world performance increase.

Both brands will be just fine. I've liked Gskill for the last several years, but both are great. Up to you for 4x4gb or 2x8gb. I would generally go for 2x8 for room to expand.

I wouldn't waste your money on anything faster than ddr3-1600 you won't notice any real world performance increase.

Even with OC?

Do you mean with the OC to the CPU?

Then yes, having an OCed CPU won't make any real difference for the speed of the RAM. If you want to spend more feel free, but outside of benchmarks you won't notice anything really feeling snappier like you would with a solid state drive, or significantly better FPS, etc.

Do you mean with the OC to the CPU?

Then yes, having an OCed CPU won't make any real difference for the speed of the RAM. If you want to spend more feel free, but outside of benchmarks you won't notice anything really feeling snappier like you would with a solid state drive, or significantly better FPS, etc.

I mean I have read some ppl do increase the voltages of the rams if this is then I mean OC for the Ram because on the Gigabyte's site it is written the supported rams and when it comes to the 2400 it is written like that 2400(OC)>>>>>3.Support for DDR3 2800(OC)/1600/1333/1066 MHz memory modules. That is what I do not Understand

That is because the speeds are above those that are rated for the processor, so anything about there isn't 'guaranteed' for instance for RAM rated at that speed, it would be overclocking past what the chips are rated for.

Hi there have bought gigabyte z77x-UP7 nearly a month ago with 3770k. I have chance for selling them at a good price to one of my friends. I intend to buy the new gigabyte z87x OC Force or Asus Maximus Extreme VI with 4770 k. So first of all , would I feel any difference? Second which is better of the two 1150 boards suggested above? Any advice....also for the rams what do u suggest for me Corsair or G-skill and which category thx all

Back