• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gigabyte z97x gaming 5 not showing any temperature readings in windows

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gonzo89

I just built a new tower on Monday and am having a strange issue that I need help with. Google hasn't been of any help either. When I run either speccy or hwmonitor on a cold boot there are no temperature or voltage readings and none of the gigabyte app center software that interfaces the motherboard will load. However when I reboot in windows it works after the reboot. I updated to the most recent bios and the only things I have changed in the bios are memory clock speeds and timings to match the stock specs of the ram. I also turned off the gigabyte audio led. The parts list is below:

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/mFJFbv
Price breakdown by merchant: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/mFJFbv/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($358.32 @ TigerDirect Canada)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($109.98 @ Amazon Canada)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($149.99 @ NCIX)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($192.14 @ DirectCanada)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($139.99 @ Canada Computers)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Purchased For $0.00)
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 290 4GB Double Dissipation Video Card (Purchased For $510.41)
Case: Cooler Master HAF XM (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($119.95 @ Vuugo)
Power Supply: corsair hx750 750W 80+ Gold Certified semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($119.99 @ Canada Computers)
Total: $1700.77
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-14 10:22 EDT-0400

I gave up on trying to load the gigabyte software on mine. There seems to be an issue with the gigabyte drivers. try uninstalling the gigabyte driver and see if the other problems disappear.

I was able to resolve this issue by using the powercfg -h off command. Its seems that a fresh boot and drivers makes the sensors work 100% in windows

Back