• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Glitch with new NGO drivers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

corpsejockey

N00b squad Member
nvodngov19381

New optimized drivers show my 7800gt mem is clocked at 2.2ghz. . . If only.

Attachments

• wow.GIF
    wow.GIF
    150.7 KB · Views: 169
WHOA! Stop where you are and uninstall those drivers. I have installed the newest drivers from nvidia twice with the same results you are getting now, and my friend installed the newest drivers on his 7900gs and got the same results, do not try to overclock either because on mine when i got these results with the driver i would get freeze ups and restarts because the driver read the mem wrong, go back down to the previous version and reinstall coolbits and the mem will eb read right again!

Hi,

This issue is present with the 93.71 and 93.81 version for sure, not just tweaked versions but also stock versions. nVidia was made aware of this after the release of the 93.71 and failed to fix it with latter releases.
I verified with other apps that it is a display error. I even ran it at the errored speeds with no issues, overclocked as well. X2 effective is displayed however all apps show it is running the correct frequency.
IMHO go with the 92.91 version, they are great.

93.gif

Back