• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Goat's MSI Z87 MPOWER thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheGoat Eater

Registered

I have been testing the MSI Z87 MPOWER and I am getting used to the BIOS - so hope to have a lot better results to post soon.
This board is easy to work with and if you have a Z77 MPOWER it really is nice coming from that board to this board in terms of usability and BIOS. I really enjoy the audio of this board when I play BF3 or listen to music (or both at the same time). The board feels solid both in usage and physically, it definitely felt beefier than the past boards I have used on my bench.

Some 4GHz 4670 testing w/ 2133 9-11-10-28 RAM
4%201m.jpg

4%2032m.jpg

4%20multi%20core%20linpack%20ult.jpg

4%20multi%20core%20pi%20ult.jpg

4%20pifast.jpg

4%20ucbench11.jpg

4%20wprime.jpg

5GHz w/ 2600 13-15-15-30
1m.jpg

32m.jpg

pifast.jpg

wprime.jpg

150bclk
150bclk.jpg

What is your cooling and what are your impressions of the board vs. asus or gigabyte?

Im glad someone else ordered the same motherboard as me :D Mine will show up on Wednesday. I would appreciate any other insights that you may have on this motherboard.

Glad to see you got some good clocks out of it. I've had one experience with an MSI board and I wasn't a huge fan. :shrug:

The Xpower from MSI, yes. Not sure about the GD65 or any other MSI, however. We will have more from Giga and Asrock, as well as ASUS in the coming days and weeks.

What is your cooling and what are your impressions of the board vs. asus or gigabyte?
I am using a simple Cosair H100 with High CFM fans strapped to it, I have yet to test any Z87 Asus or Gigabyte boards. So I would rather not give an opinion on that until I have the proper info needed / hands on

I cant see your screen shots.
I think that there is some issue with IE and my webspace/server that I hosted the pictures on. I am trying to narrow down the issue.

Im glad someone else ordered the same motherboard as me :D Mine will show up on Wednesday. I would appreciate any other insights that you may have on this motherboard.
I think that the board is great, not only in looks but functionality and features. I am surprised that I am really enjoying the onboard audio and the audio app for it while gaming. The simplest things I think do it for me, like the Killer LAN and the app. It lets me customize every network priority for each application with simplicity. the onboard Super RAID ( 2x M-SATA SSD RAID ) is something I was surprised by and eager to used

Back