• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

going back to WC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sup3rcarrx8

Hey guys. It's been only around two months since I've had my 64-bit system and I'm already getting bored and a bit frustrated at my current temps. So I'm going to save up around $150 for the block and radiator (I have the other stuff already from my old setup). Does anyone have any suggestions on which block or rad to get? It's going to be cooling the 3200 Winnie in my signature. I also want the radiator to be hanging out in the back or something instead of inside since I'm going for an external setup this time. Thanks.

Is there a major performance difference between both the TDX and RBX blocks? Also I heard one of the two requires at least a 300gph pump or more to get some decent flow going through.

2fresh and weapon sell the dual 120 heatercores for less...35 + shipping. check fs/ft

for the block id get the swifty 6002. the tdx is just the 2 barb version of the rbx

tyrant222 said:
2fresh and weapon sell the dual 120 heatercores for less...35 + shipping. check fs/ft

for the block id get the swifty 6002. the tdx is just the 2 barb version of the rbx

I'm getting pretty good temps with the 6002. Its cooling a 2.5Ghz Clawhammer (250x10) in a 80-90F room. I get about 39C under full load. There is still a lot of tweaking to do with my HC (shroud, fan mods, etc) too. Right now the HC is just laying on top of two 7v 120mm fans. I'm planning on shrouding it, having 4 120mm fans and using a 0-12v fan controller (with fans running ~5v).

Eric

Go to NAPA or Discount Autoparts, or whatever the local major autoparts store ieither get a Chevelle heatercore for the single 120mm fan, or the '77 Bonneville w/AC if you want 2 120mm fans.

Not as "pretty" as the ones for sale online, and you'll have to sweat on your on fittings. But it will only cost you $8-18.

Slayer2003 said:
Go to NAPA or Discount Autoparts, or whatever the local major autoparts store ieither get a Chevelle heatercore for the single 120mm fan, or the '77 Bonneville w/AC if you want 2 120mm fans.

Not as "pretty" as the ones for sale online, and you'll have to sweat on your on fittings. But it will only cost you $8-18.

I got around that with my 77 Bonneville HC. Just dremel off part of the tubes. At that point I was able to stretch 1/2" tubing over it. Tighten thoroughly with WORM clamps.

Eric

Back