• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Going to replace the default fans on my Corsair H115i, need some help to choose.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
it can be placed anywhere , comes with Velcro just power it, send the 4 pin to a polling header and all devices attached will work according to how you set up that header.

I wish they had one that had two 4 pins and broke-up the device output accordingly so you could utilize two profiles.
As it stands to do that you would need two of them

I run the 4 Prolimatech fans is push/pull directly off the corsair pump block. (I use 2 2-way splitters off the 2-way splitter coming off the block...simplifies cable management. I plug the block pump rpm cable directly into the CPU fan header.

The static pressure adds in push/pull, so each pair is about 1.9 for static pressure...plenty for the rad.

The current draw of these 4 fans is less than the 2 stock fans that came with my H110i GTX...check the current draw on your stock fans.

The only down side is that the Prolimatech fans are not PWM, so they run at constant max speed. However, at the max speed they are much quieter than the Noctua iPPC-2000 fans I have running as case fans at 70%.

Read ehume's write up on the 140mm fans...he nailed it!

With this setup, the CPU temps stay under 70 C for my 5820 K overclocked at 4.3 GHz.

it can be placed anywhere , comes with Velcro just power it, send the 4 pin to a polling header and all devices attached will work according to how you set up that header.

I wish they had one that had two 4 pins and broke-up the device output accordingly so you could utilize two profiles.
As it stands to do that you would need two of them

Ah right okay thanks for all the help.

I run the 4 Prolimatech fans is push/pull directly off the corsair pump block. (I use 2 2-way splitters off the 2-way splitter coming off the block...simplifies cable management. I plug the block pump rpm cable directly into the CPU fan header.

The static pressure adds in push/pull, so each pair is about 1.9 for static pressure...plenty for the rad.

The current draw of these 4 fans is less than the 2 stock fans that came with my H110i GTX...check the current draw on your stock fans.

The only down side is that the Prolimatech fans are not PWM, so they run at constant max speed. However, at the max speed they are much quieter than the Noctua iPPC-2000 fans I have running as case fans at 70%.

Read ehume's write up on the 140mm fans...he nailed it!

With this setup, the CPU temps stay under 70 C for my 5820 K overclocked at 4.3 GHz.

Ah right I see thanks for helping me here. Some of this stuff confuses me sometimes but you've helped a lot.

I'll definitely check eHumes writeups. Just a quick Google shows up a load of results.

No problem!

"Quiet" is in the ear of the beholder.

I liked eHume's write up as he took a much more scientific approach that validated my qualitative measurements.

The loudest thing in my case is the 2 Noctua iPPC-2000 fans I have running at 70%...and that's with the Corsair pump set to performance mode.

If you get those E-loop 140 let us know how you like them in comparison to the stock fans that cooler came with. I had the 120 counterparts, they were great, but the rad I had them on was 60mm thick, and they weren't as affective as I had wanted, switched to the Noctua iPPC 3k variant, and wished those were out when I put this rig together. With the PC in sig, it keeps all GPUs at or under 51c when the room itself has gotten upwards of 27C.

I had always used AS5 until this last rig, I tried out the Prolimatech PK-3 and for CPUs I think I will continue to use it, it is super thick though, a lot of different methods of applying it, most seemed messy, so I just put some on a tiny plastic spatula looking thing and went to town spreading it as things and even as I could, mounted block and got as even of pressure as I could and ran some burn-in tests to get things spread and moved around, can't speak on temps, as when I used AS5 with this rig it was with a H100i cooler, but even the AS5 was better than the stock gunk. It did take about a week of heavy usage for the temps to settle down, but that's the nice thing about AS5, it seems to get better with age (if only that were the case with the rest of life, lol).

No problem!

"Quiet" is in the ear of the beholder.

I liked eHume's write up as he took a much more scientific approach that validated my qualitative measurements.

The loudest thing in my case is the 2 Noctua iPPC-2000 fans I have running at 70%...and that's with the Corsair pump set to performance mode.

Ah right, I'm still stuck between deciding what fans I want. I could post teh list of ones I've found so far if you want.

If you get those E-loop 140 let us know how you like them in comparison to the stock fans that cooler came with. I had the 120 counterparts, they were great, but the rad I had them on was 60mm thick, and they weren't as affective as I had wanted, switched to the Noctua iPPC 3k variant, and wished those were out when I put this rig together. With the PC in sig, it keeps all GPUs at or under 51c when the room itself has gotten upwards of 27C.

I had always used AS5 until this last rig, I tried out the Prolimatech PK-3 and for CPUs I think I will continue to use it, it is super thick though, a lot of different methods of applying it, most seemed messy, so I just put some on a tiny plastic spatula looking thing and went to town spreading it as things and even as I could, mounted block and got as even of pressure as I could and ran some burn-in tests to get things spread and moved around, can't speak on temps, as when I used AS5 with this rig it was with a H100i cooler, but even the AS5 was better than the stock gunk. It did take about a week of heavy usage for the temps to settle down, but that's the nice thing about AS5, it seems to get better with age (if only that were the case with the rest of life, lol).

The eLoops do look good. It's just I'm still stuck on what I should choose. I did have a list of some that I could post here if you wanted if you could give me some tips on them. I generally need to have quiet fans because my brother is Autistic and he hates high pitched noises. It isn't too bad but a Delta fan for example would be terrible. But I don't know if many people use Delta's outside of servers etc.

Here is a comparison chart from thermalbench.com, but keep in mind that their test was on a radiator with significantly less fin density than your corsair unit.

I ended up buying some Vardar F2-140 fans for the loop I'm piecing together since I plan on running the fans in pull to make cleaning the rad easier, and I've read that the eloops sound awful in pull.

EDIT: another consideration is that four cheaper fans in push+pull can win against two expensive fans if you have enough room in your case.

R5jZ4sN.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a comparison chart from thermalbench.com, but keep in mind that their test was on a radiator with significantly less fin density than your corsair unit.

I ended up buying some Vardar F2-140 fans for the loop I'm piecing together since I plan on running the fans in pull to make cleaning the rad easier, and I've read that the eloops sound awful in pull.

EDIT: another consideration is that four cheaper fans in push+pull can win against two expensive fans if you have enough room in your case.

View attachment 177820

Sorry for the late reply, was away for the past day or 2. Couldn't keep a connection long enough to reply.

Had a look at the Vardars and they do look really good. You get even better airflow if you want to go for one of the higher RPM 140mm versions (like the FF4 140) but that of course comes with a decibel level of 48.4 decibels but has 5.28 mm of static air pressure.

The Vortex Fan Aluminum Series don't look too bad either.

Back