• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Going to the dark side... Suggestions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Caviman2201

I plan to go to Microcenter this weekend and get an Intel cpu/mobo combo. They have several combos pairing the 3570K with various Z77 mobos. The one I'm leaning towards based on posts here and elsewhere is the ASRock Z77 Extreme4. Is there another mobo on this list that I'd be better off with?

My goal is a 4.5Ghz OC using a CM Hyper 212 Evo. Is there anything else I should be aware of since I haven't owned Intel since Pentium III?

Thanks in advance.

yep, nothing really interesting on that list and ASRock at least has good reviews and reasonable price so I would also pick Ext4+3570k in this case

What would be the next step up from that board and what makes it better? Is it just OC capabilities?

A more expensive board will not yield better overclocking. All you need for a * Bridge OC is a Z77 board from a reputable manufacturer. Then, it's all the silicon lotto.

For what it's worth I had my 2500k on an extreme 4 board @ 4.8 stable 2 hours prime with a CM 212 +. I now have it @ 5.0 with a Megahalems 2 hours prime.

That's what I figured... Is it reasonable to expect a 4.5GHz OC w the CM Hyper 212 Evo? Seems most everyone has had similar results with that chip...

Back