• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good (available) P3 Motherboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OCMunkee

Hey people, I'm looking for a Socket370 motherboard that does 133fsb and obviously overclocks nicely. Any ideas?
I'm planning to put in a P3-667 to begin with and work up from there.
Ayn help's appreciated :)
--Nathan

While I'm at it, maybe I'll get a dual board.
I nearly got a VP6 (on eBay i got outbid 13 SECONDS before the end ARGH)
What do ya'll think about the MSI-694D?
--Nathan

::edit:: though i still want that fergin vp6!! (if anyone has one for sale and can get it to melbourne cheapish, lemme know ^_^)

Last edited:
i815 chipset is your best bet for performance. The VIA chipsets have terrible memory and PCI performance.

Asus TUSL2-C and Abit ST6 are two good uniprocessor boards.

P3C-D is a good dually board, but you'll need slockets and RDRAM.

Thx JCLW, I'll have a look at those two. The dually doesn't seem to my liking, as RDRAM is horribly expensive and difficult to find :(. I think if I get a dually it'll be the 694D or VP6.
--Nathan

also been looking for a good dually board that doesn't require registered ecc ram and doesn't cost an arm and a leg

OCMunkee: Acorp makes a dual i815 board, forget what the model is offhand but search the for sale forums at 2cpu.com and you should find some. Super cheap too - they were something like US$35 new.

liquidtrance123: For those P3-500s? Asus P2B-D. I have one with dual 800s.

Yeah, I had a look, would it have been the 6A815EPD?
Looks pretty good, the only trouble is finding them in Australia. But I'll have a look around for em, thanks heaps :D

Back