• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good buy for old system lovers.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jon

Just Another Retired Moderator
I just won an auction at eBay for a P2 350 chip for $38.50 and I already have one that came with my old Compaq SETI cruncher so I was wanting a cheap dual slot 1 motherboard. The cheapest I found was about $100 on pricewatch and they didn't even have all I wanted. I then found one for $60 manufactured by a subsidiary of Tekram, who in my opinion, makes excellent products. They are known for excellent SCSI controllers. Anyway, it's a 440BX based dual slot 1 motherboard good for processors at 350~700. The name of the manufacturer is Maxtium, but is entirely Tekram based.

Here is full specs on the motherboard:

Specs.

Thought it would be great for any of you interested in a cheap server or dual SETI/Folding cruncher.

I just love older systems for some reason. I guess I'm overly reminiscent...

I thank you, O/C thanks you, Seti may or may not thank you ":O}
Nice find, glad YOU at lest have an affordable hobby LOL

Haha...that doesn't reflect the other PCs humming here under the desk and in the next room. If only they came as cheap!

I just can't seem to bring myself to getting rid of old stuff. I have to always find a way to bring it back to at least a somewhat useable state.

They're still fun to play with too.

No doubt. I had to choose between all my PCs running or having the A/C on.

Whew...sure is warm in here.

Back