• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

good for my Hard Drive?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FerrariF50

i have a spare Maxtor hard drive I put in but when I got the drive about 4 years ago I must of left the drive rails in the other computer when I trashed it... So the Hard drive sits Chip side down on the metel case of my computer....

here is a picture of it

I've done worse. Just left them hanging in the case for a day or two, because we were screwing around with various things. Didn't kill anything. As long as no chips are shorting out, it should be no problem. And the PCBs on the bottom of hard drives are usually recessed.

I used to leave my maxtor hanging in the case but it got in the way.....But everything is ok now I installed the hard drive cooler for my ibm drive.

Well this is no longer a problem now as I set the drive in a drive Tray and I moved the Ibm drive where the Maxtor was...And the Ibm is on the drive rails with the hard drive cooler blowing air ontop of it.

FerrariF50 said:
i have a spare Maxtor hard drive I put in but when I got the drive about 4 years ago I must of left the drive rails in the other computer when I trashed it... So the Hard drive sits Chip side down on the metel case of my computer....

here is a picture of it

Tie your cables up - you'll get much ebtter airflow...

Back