• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good games for an older system (k6-2 500)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
shadow warrior, duke nukem 3d, quake series, heretic, Rise of the triad, Wacky wheels :D, Raptor: Call of the Shadows, Terminal Velocity (Great Microsoft game :D), warcraft series, C&C series, halflife, unreal series, whole bunch of good old school games out there :D

If you can still find it (good luck, try ebay?):

M.A.X. - Mechanized Assault and Exploration. The best turn-based strategy game EVER in my opinion. It really didn't get the recognition it deserves. I still play it from time to time, a real gem!

MyPCAlexi said:
shadow warrior, duke nukem 3d, quake series, heretic, Rise of the triad, Wacky wheels :D, Raptor: Call of the Shadows, Terminal Velocity (Great Microsoft game :D), warcraft series, C&C series, halflife, unreal series, whole bunch of good old school games out there :D

I hadn't heard anyone mention ROTT in a LONG time.... Sure was fun on a LAN back in its day, though.

Although, he did say he had a K6-2 500, not a Pentium 60. :D

John G

Haven't played ROTT for a while. I loved the way people would blow into peices when you killed them, with chunks and eyeballs flying everywhere.

Hmmm old PC huh?

I would try out:
Zork
Beyond Zork
Escape from Castle Wolfenstein
Ultima I, II and III (3 was the really good one right? I forgot it's been so long)

Planescape Torment, Fallout 1, Fallout 2, (best RPGs ever )
Arcanum
Balders gate
Starcraft
Age of kings
I think Age of mythology will run, I think it requires a 450

I used to have one o' thems too.
Starsiege Tribes, I think black and white will run on it, Alice should run on it, Final fantasy 7 works well on it.

Well, here are some that I used to play on my old Celeron 500 128mb Voodoo 3 based comp. Warcraft II, Starcraft, Diablo 1 and 2, Hidden&Dangerous (freeware now I believe), Motocross Madness 1 and 2, NFS Porched Unleashed. Those are the main ones that I played back in the day, and if you bump up to 256mb of memory those should all run pretty well.

tyshy said:
what about sim city, sim copter, all the sim games, maybe even The Sims? Also, many sports games, like triple play 99, madden games etc.
The sims would run pretty poorly. It was pretty laggy on my Celeron 800@1066 with 512mb of memory and a GF2 GTS 64mb video card. That was the first system that I played that game on and it was slow, although with the patches that followed it did get tollerable. Sim City would be a good one, and what about Quake III, it should run ok with enough memory and low settings.

It all really depends on your ram, a lot of games arn't really cpu dependant as long as you have about 256+ mb of ram. I found out that with 386mb of ram, I could play games like ut2k4 on a 233mhz + mx440 equiped system... Ram was hard to find, but it was a desperate time this summer with the main rig down, and I am a sucker for eye candy.

YOu should be able to play the sims I have a friend who is able to play it on his celeron 450 with radeon 7200 and 384 mbs ram

well thanks so far, i have played the sims and simcity games, but my cds are scratched and kazza isn't letting me download them

Starcraft, UT, Halflife. Still play these on my k6-2 500 from time to time and they run fine with my voodoo2.

Back