• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

good or bad 400£ 500€ 650$ build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kruze

for the cold winter months i want to build a budget gaming pc so i came up with this, the total cost is about 400£ 500€ 650$
should i change anything, if someone has the same cpu or gpu, how do they work togeather?
Inter-Tech, Eterno V6 Sentinel, USB3.0, Black + 500W PSU
Asrock, Z97M Anniversary
Intel, Core i3-4160 (3.6GHz, 3MB Cache, LGA1150)
Kingston, 8GB, DDR3, 1600MHz, CL10, Kit of 2, HyperX Fury Black
MSI, GeForce GTX 750 Ti, 2GB GDDR5, OC
Western Digital, 1TB, 7200rpm, 64MB, Sata III, Caviar Blue

About the only thing I see that is concerning is the PSU. What brand is it? The last thing you want to cheap out on is the PSU. I have no idea who made it and that concerns me. The wattage is fine... just not sure about the quality.

You can (should) get ram with a bit lower CL rating. CL10 on 1600Mhz ram is pretty high. You want to be at 9 or 8 there.

the psu comes with the case so i guess its a cheap one can you suggest a better psu and i think you could clock rams CL down manually.
and what do you think about the cpu

In my singature is a link to a list of quality PSU's... check that out. Can't go wrong with Corsair or the EVGA G2 line right now though.

You may or may not be able to clock it down... that is a crapshoot if it will work or not. THere is a reason its not listed as DDR3 1600 CL(. ;)

CPU is adequate.

Back