• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good overclocking memory?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
lekyiscool said:
to tell u the truth most end up using all or most of the wires of the modular psu and u save more by not buying a modular just hide the wires behind the mobo tray or something (depending on ur case )

btw 6400 Oc's better then 6300 about what range?? (allendales)
Like what I did:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=503584

Yes, you have to cut holes in the case, I'll update that thread to show them.

</offtopic>

jEevion said:
Would I have to drill holes in the motherboard tray to get the wires back there? If so, would I have to get a case that has a removable tray to do that? Thanks.

Neither, you should be able to do it with whatever case you have. Just take off the side pannel thats behind the mobo and see where you can route the wires to get them back there. If your PSU is on the top of your case, just flop them off to the side behind the mobo tray, flaten them out and put the side pannel back on. If it's on the bottom, see if theres anywhere you can route them to put them behind the tray (I have an Antec Nine Hundred, recomend if you want a new case, and theres a square hole on the bottom of the tray thats shrouded by the PSU but has enough space to route cables. I just route my fan cables down and to the side of my PSU and through that hole, from there I run them along the back of the tray to the front drive bays, but you can also put molex and sata connectors through there). If you don't have a hole or a gap or anything like that to route your cables, your best bet is either A. drill a hole, B. try to hide them behind the motherboard itself (not a good idea, but optional), C. stuff them in an open HDD or optical drive bay, or D. tie them in with the other cables the best you can. Click on the link thideras posted, and scroll down a bit and there's a pic of his mobo tray. Model off that if you're case is set up like his.
-Mobious-

BTW: +1 for Antec Neo HE PSUs

Back