• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good reliable USB add-on card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FlipD9

The USB controller for my EVGA nForce 650i Ultra failed Tuesday and I am way out my warranty to get a one-time replacement. Now I am in the market for a good reliable USB add-on card for my system. I at least want a four-port card and if possible, one that will let me connect my front panel USB header. I see some five-port ones with one internal. What is that use for and is it a fully functional USB. I ask if the internal USB is fully functional because Monoprice say that the internal port is shared with the first external port unlike the ones I check out at Newegg. If I do get one with an internal USB port, is there an adapter I can get that will connect the front panel USB heaser to standard USB of the internal five-port card?

I notice that some are PCI and some are PCI Express. What is the difference in them? Which one will have better performance and power output support?

When I asked, EVGA Tech support suggested Syba which I see have high reviews along with Koutech when I checked out Newegg. When I checked out Monoprice, they have some high rated ones as well. What are your opinions on which add-on cards are good and reliable? Any suggestions and help is really appreciated.

Thanks for your time,

FlipD9

Last edited:
Back